Eh! summer so far

Muskieman

It goes like this....

I've had my fair share of adventures so far this summer... not much fishing done. :(

as of June 1 st I've been working almost 6 days a week and at least 3 of those are doubles.... not much time on my hands

My camper has been parked on Lake Tomiko since June 15th so I do get a chance to get to camp at least 4 days a week... :)

I got a chance to re-connect with a brother that I haven't seen in 33 years, a sister I haven't seen in 19, and another brother and his husband that has been 10 years since the last time we spoke.. they all spent a week at my camper with me we had a great time....

So far I've had my fair share of Beers and BBQ .. to date I've seen 6 Moose 9 Deer and countless Partridge on my travels to and from camp... no so many fish :(

Most of you that know me, know that I'm a walking definition of Murphy's law..I work in the injury department.

#1 4 bee sings on my rt foot

#2 8" hardwood splinter through my left arm (still infected)

#3 2x 3/4" staples in my right arm (just healing)

#4 rust and paint from my trailer step embedded in my right shin

#5 tore 2 nails off my right foot on trailer step + 3 damaged toes

#6 rental car breaks down in the middle of nowhere while transporting clients to Algonquin area.

#7 Rapala in foot 2 hooks..

#8 2 bee stings under my hat..

#9 bad splinter through 2 knuckles on right hand

#10 9 bee stings to my back while leaning on a nest in a birch tree

#11 fell off pontoon boat

#12 fell off dock

#13 fell out of camper

#14 got tripped by a 120lb Black Lab and his rope.(didn't spill a drop of beer)

#15 trailer awning fell on my head

#16 Jig in thumb, trailer in hand

#17 set fire to my shorts while playing with lighter in pocket..(burned my left thigh)

#18 crushed my left thumb with my anchor..

#19 put out a car fire at work

#20 BBQ caught fire at camp

#21 neighbor kid nailed me in the head with a baseball(he needs pitchin'lessons)

#23 (most recent *edit) 6" gash & bruise on a fatroll on my back after snaging it on the camper door.

#22 caught less than 25 fish all season.... :wallbash:

How's your summer so far...?

Here's the start to last year 2010 season

I tells ya ... "Murphy from Sturgeon"

http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43728&st=0&p=467364&hl=trolling%20motor%20caught%20fire&fromsearch=1entry467364

Randy

:canadian:

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

I like #17 the best. How many people set themselves on fire laugh.gif

Meblush.gif Washed my hands with that hand sanitizer, then went outside to smoke.Burnt the hair of both arms up to my elbows.As well as both eyebrows and half my moustachedunno.gif

Meblush.gif Washed my hands with that hand sanitizer, then went outside to smoke.Burnt the hair of both arms up to my elbows.As well as both eyebrows and half my moustachedunno.gif

:rofl2:

I know it's wasn't funny at the time. But that made me laugh this morning!

Thanks guys!!! After posting this I'm pretty sure that not many of you would be willing to fish with me :dunno:

But this.. I can guarantee... if someone comes out alive and with all their limbs it will be you! :D

I'm leaving tomorrow for Collingwood for an Elvis festival...

(work related).....( I'm not a big fan).....

I just hope that I don't get injured by someone stepping on my Blue Suede Shoes....

but really... I have 12 days off as of the 29th of July and will be spending it at the Trailer... I'm bringing a double stuffed first aid kit and a few gallons of Benedryl & Bactine...

I don't know about you.. but when I go on an expedition .. I look before I leap, and think before I act, and still ... I expect to get injured ( I'm surprized that Curlrap hasn't added to this post) ;)

It's a bonus for me when I come home without some sort of injury..

I've been like this all of my 38 years, with scars to prove it.

a few highlights...

#1 Bear attack

#2 Mole jumped out of livewell and bit me on the nose (I was best man at a wedding that day) left a good gash.

#3 Knocked myself out with a hatchet fell too close to the fire and melted my glasses and burned my hair.

#4 Installed portable outhouse over beesnest.... multiple sings on Peter& :asshat:

#5 Got hit in the neck with a golfball while fishing... I still have no clue where it came from.. whoever it was, he has a hell of a drive.

#6 Got my goatee caught in a bilge pump... :wallbash: (don't ask)

#7 while getting attacked by Red Ants.. I ran up onto the deck into a closed patio door breaking my glasses and getting a fat lip & bloody nose .. twirled into the air off the deck :ninja: onto a new BBQ and my daughter's bike (multiple injuries) :stretcher:

.. Again .. I can guarantee you'd be safe going fishing with me...rest assured I'll have a double stuffed First Aid Kit for you to use. ;)

Randy

:stretcher: