A nice Lake Ontario Salmon,

Joey

We decided to head down to the lake today even though the weather was calling for hot and humid weather. It was actually pretty nice out there, but we did end up putting the stand up tarp on for awhile when the sun was blazing on us. Otherwise, we had a bit of rain and then it was mostly overcast.

When we arrived at the launch, we were just heading out and heard someone yelling. Peter, are you stalking us? :w00t: We offered him to join us, but he had some chores to take care of so we yakked a bit and then we set off in search of salmon.

Nice to see you again Pete (I think :o LOL)

5923012655_db9e40c6f3_b.jpg

We barely had the first line down and off it went, ziiiiiinnnnnngggggg, Fish On!!!

It was a nice battle and she weighed in at 29 lbs.

5922990257_6bdcf4a255_b.jpg

The soon to be release.

5923557276_d83ab90bfd_b.jpg

This always makes us shake our heads. Its not like Lake Ontario is a small lake and there is no other place to go to get out of the way of other boats. There was literally no other boats arounds us for miles, yet this guy has to buzz over our lines this close to us :blink::rolleyes::angry: What's up with that??????

5922995957_3740cb418e_b.jpg

5923563896_e586199f36_b.jpg

Anyhow, we had no other takers for the day and barely marked a thing. Talking to others at the launch people either did really well or poorly, but tried all different depths. Guess you just had to be at the right place at the right time.

I did manage to photograph a few birds.

This one was taking a bath.

5923565380_312cc52057_b.jpg

A beautiful Swan cleaning itself.

5923581308_1309125c32_b.jpg

5923013311_fccbf3f479_b.jpg

5923583100_8c3da34138_b.jpg

5923020781_a768580115_b.jpg

I was trying to get a mirror image of this grackle.

5923006371_f882039159_b.jpg

This last picture is kind of fuzzy, but does anyone know what kind of duck this is???

5923588224_9f9c45743d_b.jpg

Well that was our day. Shore was much hotter than out on the water. What a gorgeous day to be out.

Joey

nice fish

nice photos

and a boat that works..real nice....LOL

are you trolling with the big motor

Yes Terry, its quieter than the kicker. We get a pretty consistent speed out of it into the wind, and then put the kicker down as a kind of drift sock when we're going with the wind, works perfect :thumbsup_anim:

Thans B & T.

beauty fish! you guys dont have tickets for the GOSD? might've been in the money... :dunno:

-AA

Ya, we do the same thing every year, figure we won't get out there often enough and then when we do go, we get a big gal and didn't buy a ticket. Figures :rolleyes::wallbash:

Ya, we do the same thing every year, figure we won't get out there often enough and then when we do go, we get a big gal and didn't buy a ticket. Figures :rolleyes::wallbash:

Hey Joey,

Awesome fish and nice upgrade for team 2. As for the GOSD tickets, i dont buy them anymore as i have too many guests on the boat and sure as shootin, i know I'd land a prize fish with non ticket holders on board (disqualified). BTW, Where do you guys launch from? I'm out of PC 2-4 times a week.

Cheers,

Slayer

Hey Joey,

Awesome fish and nice upgrade for team 2. As for the GOSD tickets, i dont buy them anymore as i have too many guests on the boat and sure as shootin, i know I'd land a prize fish with non ticket holders on board (disqualified). BTW, Where do you guys launch from? I'm out of PC 2-4 times a week.

Cheers,

Slayer

Ya, I don't think everyone should have to buy a ticket if they are just on your boat enjoying a day of fishing. Oh, and since I'm on Team 5 and already have bigger salmon, I think team 2 will have to fend for themselves :lol:;)

We usually launch out of Oakville.

Edited by Joey

What a slammer of a fishclapping.gif I`d love get into one of those some day. That is definately a Grebe.

Thanks for the pics.

BTW

Hows yer pink Teeniewhistling.gif

That will get them all talking eh...rofl2.gif

Great fish!! My father and I opted out of the tourny this year as well. We will probably catch a monster and feel ill about it for the rest of our lives. lol

:lol: Oh man, I agree!!

What a slammer of a fishclapping.gif I`d love get into one of those some day. That is definately a Grebe.

Thanks for the pics.

BTW

Hows yer pink Teeniewhistling.gif

That will get them all talking eh...rofl2.gif

Oh shoot Paul, I forgot to thank you for that. It's awesome, and fits in my purse :thumbsup_anim:

So Thank You!!!

STALKER!!!!!! I'm hurt

Ramp Troll ....sure

Pier Rat ....good with that

Stalker :o

Very nice fish!!!!! at least someone is getting them if I go out and wash lures again im going to hand in my man card.

As always it was good to see you guys again

Peter :good: