Lake Ontario June 12, 2011

Joey

Headed out to the big lake this morning and it was like a comedy of errors I'll tell ya.

We got launched no problem and headed out and then stopped the boat at the area we wanted to start fishing, about 150 FOW, to set up. As soon as Paul turned the engine off we could hear the trim going. The engine was stuck in the trim down position. After unhooking it from the battery and taking the engine cover off and cursing, Paul finally had an AHA moment and went up on the deck and lifted the rain suit bag off the trim switch :whistling::wallbash:

Sooooo, as I drove Paul set up two lines to start, sat down and said "Oh crap, I forgot the net." :wallbash::wallbash:

Oh well, we were there, lets fish dangit!!!

Right off the get go we had a line peeler. I was first up and after some fun times trying to hand bomb it into the boat, we had our first fish landed :thumbsup_anim:

5825438485_c828a6cd67_b.jpg

Had a few moments to breath and relax before the next fish!

5825442309_5d21b92d15_b.jpg

We kept passing by these huge bait balls and they were so thick the lines would shake and vibrate the whole time as they passed through and dinged off the bait.

5825447963_156484ab40_b.jpg

We missed two hits, or they just did not commit, and then paul had a good fish on. Of course I had to take his rod at the end so he could hand bomb this one too :rolleyes:

5826011746_5ce09541c7_b.jpg

Back to my turn again and this one screamed off line, did several acrobatics and then headed to the bottom, peeling off about 200 feet of line. It was a long and heavy fight to get her in. I figured no way was this one gonna be easy to get hand bombed and into the boat, but Paul managed to do it. My PB Salmon :clapping::thumbsup_anim: 39 inches, a few quick pics and back into the drink she went. No time to weigh, I wanted her to live.

5826016734_cac2a0662c_b.jpg

We headed back in as the bite seemed to turn off and found this biker on shore!!

Great to see you again Peter and nice bike :thumbsup_anim:

5826022770_1b1608217a_b.jpg

Found this hijacker in the livewell. Now it is hopefully some turkey vulture or hawk's next meal.

5826029088_77594e82fd_b.jpg

Couple of young goslings losing their down.

5825477383_12109419ca_b.jpg

Great day on the water, a bit windy and lots of whitecaps for awhile, but had a good time.

Cheers,

Joey

It wouldn't be a fishing trip with Paul without some comedy..... biggrin.gif

Truer words.... :P

Congrats on the PB Joey, good fish anytime, especially with no net. :)

Oh and whats with the white in the goatee Paul, copycat....LMAO

Fantastic, guys! Really happy for you! No net is easy, I wanna see you try it with a net and no rods. Really glad you had a good day, weather looked iffy there for a while. Quite the boost for team #5 too! :) Oh wait, Paul didn't forget the sign too did he? Beauty pics Dearheart.

Pete, I always figured you for a red bike.