Went fishing with a friend this morning

mercman

Met up with Roy at 7AM, and with a couple of Tims in hand, we set out.It was new waters for him, and new technic for me.Bottom bouncing. I have seen the rigs in bait shops, but had no idea what they were or how to use them. Thanks to Roy, now i do.thumbsup_anim.gif

Weather held off just nicely, and we trolled for Walleye along the edge of the shipping channel. I have spoken to alot of the locals in the area, and the walleye bite has been very slow this year. No ones getting the big ones, and they are hard to find.Water temps have been really cool this year and weather fronts have been moving through on a daily basis, causeing the fish to be in unpredictable locations.

As it turns out, we spent most of the morning trolling here and there, talking about everything under the sun, and only catching an OOS smallie and a rock bass who seemed to like coming on to lures as big as itself.

I enjoyed the time fishing with this experienced angler, and good friend, and i look forward to it again.I dont often get a chance to spend time with experienced anglers Like Roy, and i am grateful for the chance to do that today.

Thanks Royworthy.gif You are a scholar and a true gentleman.

Paul

Hey. we dont think about cameras. We had both eyes in the same socket this morning., Plus we're old !!! Well Roy is anywayswhistling.gif

I think he got a pic of me and my OSS Bass, so i will post it when the season is open.Besides, it was a private bonding experience between 2 totaly off the wall dudes.whistling.gif Sheesh, all we did was talk about Y'all anywaysangel.png

rofl2.gif

That's why they call it "FISHING".....

Early to bed

Early to rise

Fish all day

Tell big lies

Sounded like a good day on the water... Gonefishing.gif... thumbsup_anim.gif

It was Bob, and we think we have gotten you figured out now.whistling.gifrofl2.gif

Thanks for the invite, Paul. It was a nice relaxing time. Some good chuckles out there too. smile.gif You have a fine boat that you'll enjoy for years to come.

Roy, the pleasure was all mine my friend. I'm kicking my asshat.gif for not taking picswallbash.gif

Wont make that mistake on our next outing.

Spending a day fishing with Roy is on my "10,000 things to do before I die" list. In fact, it's in the top 10 on that list. You beat me to it Paul. Must have been a fun day for both of ya.

Spending a day fishing with Roy is on my "10,000 things to do before I die" list. In fact, it's in the top 10 on that list. You beat me to it Paul. Must have been a fun day for both of ya.

Dan, Roy is one of those men who makes you feel welcome and at ease immediately. He is wise and funny, and never at a loss for words.rolleyes.gif