Catskill Mountains Trip

blaque

I fished the catskills last week and thought id throw up some pics of my few days there. We got lucky and came in just as the water was shaping up from high and dirty conditions.

We mainly fished the hatches coming off the Beaverkill and Willowemoc. This was all dry flies, and as always.....thats an absolute blast.

Youll see some of the fishy pics, scenery pics, and some pics from the small town in the catskills that we stayed. Youll see covered bridges, the fly fishing museum, and a couple of the small fly shops in town. Which by the way, there are many.....

Catskills.jpg

Catskills59.jpg

Catskills58.jpg

Catskills57.jpg

Catskills56.jpg

Catskills55.jpg

Catskills53.jpg

Catskills52.jpg

Catskills51.jpg

Catskills50.jpg

Catskills48.jpg

Catskills47.jpg

Catskills44.jpg

Catskills43.jpg

Catskills42.jpg

Catskills41.jpg

Catskills40.jpg

Catskills38.jpg

Catskills37.jpg

Catskills36.jpg

Catskills35.jpg

Catskills34.jpg

Catskills33.jpg

Catskills31.jpg

Catskills29.jpg

Catskills28.jpg

Catskills27.jpg

Catskills26.jpg

Catskills24.jpg

Catskills23.jpg

Catskills22.jpg

Catskills21.jpg

Catskills18.jpg

Catskills15.jpg

Catskills14.jpg

Catskills13.jpg

Catskills11.jpg

Catskills10.jpg

Catskills9.jpg

Catskills8.jpg

Catskills7.jpg

Catskills3.jpg

Catskills2.jpg

Edited by Blaque

Great pics, looks like you had some good fishing.

Dan

We did pretty well......we went thru stints of fish after fish. And also went thru lulls as well.....even when watching fish rising all around us lol. I cant tell you how many times i had a fish rise, slash what looked like my fly....only to find out he refused it at the last minute and i was settin the hook on a fake take lol.

Oh man, this probably my fav report yet for 2011!!!!! Just awesome!!

I should make use of my NYS license more often, lol

You definitely should make the trip Bill. Cameras dont do it justice......and its like disney world, i didnt get to see half the water i wanted to in the few days i was there. I wanted to get on the east and west branches of the Delaware but just didnt have the time.

You definitely should make the trip Bill. Cameras dont do it justice......and its like disney world, i didnt get to see half the water i wanted to in the few days i was there. I wanted to get on the east and west branches of the Delaware but just didnt have the time.

I'm going to add it to the list man, that just looks unbelievably good. All those browns on dries? I think I'd be in heaven!

I'll drop you a PM with a few questions :)

Beautiful stuff there....looks like an amazing trip!

LOL @ OhioFisherman....New York State looks so good that it's now considered a province, eh? :D

Heck Johnny I made it east of Buffalo and the peace bridge for the first time last year on the way to Providence RI to rescue my daughter, Eastern New York State and even parts of western New York are very nice! Always want to head up to Lake Champlain, but I could catch 5-6 pound bass here, and for the scenery? Ontario had it beat.