Outdoor Life's 20 Best Anglers on the Planet!

NateFollmer

Outdoor Life compiled their list of the 20 Best Anglers on the Planet. The list is filled with a very diverse angling background that covers many different styles and many different targeted species. Check it out: http://www.outdoorlife.com/photos/gallery/fishing/saltwater/inshore/2011/05/meet-20-best-anglers-planet

Pete Maina just so happens to be #4 on the list!

21. Bowslayer

In all honesty most of these guys fish for one type of fish. I think the angler who can be diversified and be very successful at many types of fish would be a better angler IMHO.Wow and what a surprise no canadians on the list ,with more fresh water than anyone else i am sure we have a few who know how to and are pretty good,and with our multi species and 4 seasons would be very diversified.

In all honesty most of these guys fish for one type of fish. I think the angler who can be diversified and be very successful at many types of fish would be a better angler IMHO.Wow and what a surprise no canadians on the list ,with more fresh water than anyone else i am sure we have a few who know how to and are pretty good,and with our multi species and 4 seasons would be very diversified.

An expert knows more and more about less and less.

Pete Maina just so happens to be #4 on the list!

I find it kinda strange that every post you've made since joining this board has been about Pete Maina.

But maybe that's just me.

Freshwater, multi species , my vote would go to Al Linder :thumbsup_anim: Now if I had the opportunity to share a river or a boat with a well known angler, being mostly a steelhead/salmon angler, my choice would be April Vokey :worthy: sorry Buzz :rolleyes:

lol, Give me a break, Pro Bass fishermen? I'm sure they are good at catching bass (the easiest fish to catch IMO)...

I bet they would be lost if I took them out to a couple of my secret brookie spots. They probably couldn't even handle the blackflies!

Thanks for the bump Terry. This post is amazing on so many levels.

I am going to compile my own list of the 20 best. Who wants to be on it? I have as much credibility putting this list together as the person who wrote this article. How can someone say these are the best anglers on the planet?

Amusing to say the least. Thanks for this link. I needed a good laugh today!!! :clapping:

Can't be a legit list. No Red Fisher!!!

Secondly, the Lindners will be excluded because of their religious enthusiasm. That and a few less than amicable parting of the ways.

Edited by bigugli