speaking of pickup trucks

pikehunter

http://truck.hownd.c...uty-trucks.html

F650

Wife and I were shopping at the mall surrounding the Queenston Rd. Canadian Tire (Hamilton) Fri. evening. Got into the car and were about to leave and noticed an orange truck parked around the side just like the one in the picture. What a monster! Just started the engine to pull away and a young fella is getting into the car next to us, it's a buddy of my son who works at Can. Tire and we pointed the truck out to him. Says it's the store owner and just then it starts up and the truck roars off past us. The kid says yep! I'm insured on it too 'cause it's under the store's insurance but I just gotta convince him to let me drive it once.

What a toy! Guess the Crappy Tire store owner is making the big bucks eh?

It just seems dumb to me to own a truck like that....but then again if I had a tricked out boat, someone would say "it's a dumb idea to own something like that...." Imagine that hitting a Honda Fit...

Those F650 pickups have been around for a while. They're popular with guys who pull really massive boats and RVs (go to a Poker Run, with all the big 40-foot cigarette boats, and you'll see dozens of these things).

Ford doesn't sell the F650 with a pickup box - you buy it as a chassis cab and have an aftermarket guy install a box from an F350. There are several companies that do these conversions.

Chev makes something similar called a Top Kick (or Kodiak) ... basically a small dump truck that guys will order as a chassis cab and put a pickup box on.

Definitely makes a statement.

Reminds me of the Canyonero... http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBoQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3De4QgWRycd7I&ei=oifRTfiZLoL50gGw1KGaDg&usg=AFQjCNFAD8e2OK0E0oaIlR-Lg08o2qHJ-Q

Can you name the truck with four wheel drive, Smells like a steak, and seats thirty five? Canyonero! Canyonero! Well, it goes real slow with the hammer down, It's the country-fried truck endorsed by a clown, Canyonero! Canyonero! Hey, hey! Twelve yards long, two lanes wide, Sixty five tons of American pride! Canyonero! Canyonero! Top of the line in utility sports, Unexplained fires are a matter for the courts! Canyonero! Canyonero! She blinds everybody with her super high beams, She's a squirrel-squashin', deer-smackin' drivin' machine, Canyonero! Canyonero! Canyonero! Whoa, Canyonero! Whoooooaaaa!

I can't imagine the sting at the pumps. I just got my first pickup this January, drove a Corolla for 10 years prior, I think I will stick with my little ole F150...

So if someone has a 1 ton truck and is happy and someone else has a 3 ton truck and is happy why would you hack on the 3 ton trucks owner? He paid for the truck, he pays for the added expense to run the truck and it costs you nothing. We all have something that we spend the extra on to make us smile whether it is a custom rod and reel or a top of the line vehicle with the extra bells and whistles. When you let a friend use the rod and reel do you really want him to say " it's O.K. but it was stupid to spend the money." You should pay the same courtesy to any size toy that you get to see. Personally I like it when people take the time to customize something and share their enthusiasm on the project.

Art

I'm sure it has something to do with wasting a renewable resouce called gas, and I would highly suspect he's just wasting a little bit, whether to "look good" or "be proud" of his accomplishments has nothing to do with it.

Ya but it's a diesel. Prob doesn't do to bad on fuel consumption and since it has been seen at an Oakville Crappy Tire too then most of the driving is more than likely highway use.... :oops: I take that back, driving on the QEW is not driving a highway but is more like sitting in a parking lot :(

Edited by pikehunter

I drive a big truck myself.I use it to pull my boat etc...Most of the time I am either on foot or on my bike as I am lucky enough to live within miles of where I work.My truck is very well maintained and taken care of.It always amazes me when someone pulls up beside me in some "smaller" vehicle that is dripping sludge from the tailpipe and thanks me for the downfall of the enviornment.Funny how they are not around to say thanks when I am running to work !