What Would of Caused This

MCTFisher9120

According to my manual, a 6 second continuous beep indicates low oil pressure. Most likely caused by low oil level.

Cooling system problem such as low water pressure or engine over heating is 6 seconds of intermittent beeps.

So it sounds like an oil pressure problem.

Edited by Old Man

With that amount of “smoke” that (too me) looks more like steam; could be the thermostat stuck closed or the impeller wiped out of it and the motor is overheating?

Didn’t hear any knocking and it did crank & restart on the few attempts that were shown in the video. Lack of oil and that much smoke; I don’t know if it would turn over, let alone restart?

Dan.

Just watched the vid again and the tell tail spit hole has water coming out of it so the impeller is OK; maybe just a stuck thermostat; if this particular motor has one?

Edited by DanD

According to my manual, a 6 second continuous beep indicates low oil pressure. Most likely caused by low oil level.

Cooling system problem such as low water pressure or engine over heating is 6 seconds of intermittent beeps.

So it sounds like an oil pressure problem.

Not sure if the same would apply on a 25, but I had a very similar issue with my 200, it turned out to be a faulty sending module, it was telling the engine there was no oil when there was. The part cost me $25... and then about $100 in labour lol!

Good luck mate, i hope it isn't anything serious.

Not sure if the same would apply on a 25, but I had a very similar issue with my 200, it turned out to be a faulty sending module, it was telling the engine there was no oil when there was. The part cost me $25... and then about $100 in labour lol!

Good luck mate, i hope it isn't anything serious.

The Engine Guardian System will shut down the motor if it detects a critical engine condition, so it stands to reason that it also could be a faulty sensor. One way or the other the motor either has or thinks it has a low oil pressure situation.

I just traded the same motor in for the exact same reason. maybe 30 - 40 hours on it. Had it in to be fixed 3 times to no avail. computer says oils sensor. had it changed twice only to have the same prob. Upgraded to a evinrude e-tec 40, and never been happier. Those mercs are crap. Made in China, Assembled in Mexico.

I just traded the same motor in for the exact same reason. maybe 30 - 40 hours on it. Had it in to be fixed 3 times to no avail. computer says oils sensor. had it changed twice only to have the same prob. Upgraded to a evinrude e-tec 40, and never been happier. Those mercs are crap. Made in China, Assembled in Mexico.

Ah, go stick a prop on the back of yer Yota, throw a quart of Seafoam in the tank and then ya can join the outboard race :jerry:

And BTW, I put up the snow defence shield, it's all blowing back to NY.

Edited by Fisherman

opinions are a dime a dozen.blahblah1.gifblahblah1.gif Facts are priceless.

http://www.marineeng...e-outboards.htm

40 60 90 hp models are co designed with yamaha.

Edited by mercman

guess ya can tell, i like Mercs.rofl2.gifrofl2.gif Fact is, most components of all the other makes are all made in China anyways. Even if the motor wasnt made there, it may as wel have been, with all the chinese components in em.

My 2007 60HP has been great so far. Living on a lake, I put a lot hours on it and I have no complaints.

Edited by Old Man