Upcoming snow storm.. (NF) Finally got an answer!

Gerritt

Armageddon!!!!! :whistling:

I've cleared my schedule for Wednesday and at this point, plan on being home... now before you all get high and mighty on me, a little background!

I grew up in London, snow is mainly just an inconvenience for me! I love driving in it, heck, I even like shovelling the stuff as it is a time I get to share with my neighbours as we all clean up.

My main reason for "planning" to stay home is the fact that I take the Go Train to work and well, they don't actually have the best record of service during any snow, much less what they are calling for here tomorrow.

So, I'll likely be home Wednesday, good time to get some things done and enjoy the peacefulness that an empty house brings.

HH

I'm probably going to be seen as a bit of an ass but here goes. I, as many others, can appreciate how far we've come with health and safety in many aspect of our lives. But really now. When my parents and hoards of immigrants came to Canada in the 50s and 60s they had to Shelter, feed and clothe themselves and their brood and to do that they endured many a storm, hardship and even heartache of many kinds but still managed to get the job done. Because they had to. Danger is Danger and it varies in Degrees whether factual or as a product of convenience whether you stand on the side of the Employer or the Employee. Another matter is how the sentiment has changed towards Employers both Big and Small as well as our "Take care of "#1" view that has become more prevalent over the years. If we choose not to take on a task because of perils that are obvious or otherwise it is our right to do so. But we must remember that an Employer has invested and risked to follow Endeavours and goals of their own and it is also their right to refuse to hire or maintain an individual based on the Dangers and risks associated with them. Its a means to an end for both sides and rather unfortunate that what should have grown into a limited but viable partnership over the last few Decades has degenerated to become a nest of confrontation. Just my 2 cents.

There is a very long list of vehicles that would handle snowy roads and highways better than that.

thumbsup_anim.gif

I'm gonna grab a coffee, kick my feet up, and wait for Billy Bob to retort to this ensuing to another 3 pages of entertaining winternet!

Edited by stubbex

Thank you everyone for you're opinions.

Me being a small business owner, and having employees on the odd occasion, I was unsure as to what the answer was as well.

Personally I would not feel comfortable sending an employee out for materials etc, knowing the storm will make already dangerous even that more dangerous..

I would not be able to live with the guilt should the worst happen... I personally would err on the side of caution and think about the person first... even though I have insurance etc etc

That said, I am not my buddies employer.. nor will I advise him on what to do..

thanks again guys

G

New update..... according to the U.S. weather channel, this storm is going to completely miss Ontario!!

Burt :clapping:

You really don't want to listen to our weathermen....... I have shoveled a lot of Rain because of them.

Art