Who have you?

Cudz

1) Have been with Irishfield, Terry, DanO, Lloyd....

2) Could see myself fishing with Solopaddler and BillM, Limeyangler (it could happen buddy!), Weedline & MSP (you know you wanna)

3) DREAM of fishing with Moosebunk, Drifter_16 blush.gif

Edited by johnnyb

Cool thread - I've fished with quite a few - and a few a quite a few times - but I welcome more of both, they never failed to be interesting outings...whistling.gif

I'd love to fish with many more - too many to list; there are so many anglers here who are worth getting to know, and learn from (Although I fear what might happen if Mercman and I got in a boat together and started talking Monty Python).

My boat is always open for OFNers ( you may just have to knock Vinnimon and/ or Frankie65 out, though... ramp lizards sarcasm.gif always welcomeGonefishing.gif

Heres to a PB for all OFNers in 2011thumbsup_anim.gif

I have fished with Hometown Handy Dude and met Lexxington on the ramp at port Maitland. I also ran into another fella at Maitland who's name I can't recall.

Good thread Cudz, but shouldn't you be marking finals and culminating?

Jim

Two down and one set to go (Tomorrow).

Already have one set of reports done as well.

Cool thread - I've fished with quite a few - and a few a quite a few times - but I welcome more of both, they never failed to be interesting outings...whistling.gif

I'd love to fish with many more - too many to list; there are so many anglers here who are worth getting to know, and learn from (Although I fear what might happen if Mercman and I got in a boat together and started talking Monty Python).

Not you too!! Runawayyyyy!

We should hook up. Maybe a shore lunch of SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM..... :P

I am not going to attempt to list the people I have fished with from the board, but I have to say that it was a good experience every time I was out with someone new. With my feeble memory, I am going to forget someone and that would not be right.

been here for over 8 years i think now....

Have fished with & met off the water many kind folks here over that time frame. Though they(we) dont all post here very often nowadays, many of us are still very close & still fish together regularly.

Colin was the very 1st person I met from here & we spent a 2004 January day on Scugog. A couple weeks after that I then met folks like Pigeonfisher, Raf (boostnawd), DipLip, Cory, Joey & Paul, Speil, TEP, Ron, Bosc, YO, Lew, Rizzo (Roger) on Lake Simcoe at a little derby we did for Childrens Wish.

Aftr that I then soon met the "bulk" of most OFC regulars at Quinte, Lakair and the infamous "Nip Trip" at Rob Hyatts.

DanC, one day I'd like to make it up your way one day to chase speckles, tip beers & talk sports

Colin was the very 1st person I met from here & we spent a 2004 January day on Scugog. A couple weeks after that I then met folks like Pigeonfisher, Raf (boostnawd), DipLip, Cory, Joey & Paul, Speil, TEP, Ron, Bosc, YO, Lew, Rizzo (Roger) on Lake Simcoe at a little derby we did for Childrens Wish.

...guess that goes to show I haven't updated my avatar since 2004...hard to believe its been that long

I have fished with Hometown Handy Dude and met Lexxington on the ramp at port Maitland. I also ran into another fella at Maitland who's name I can't recall.

Good thread Cudz, but shouldn't you be marking finals and culminating?

Jim

I went swimming on a fishing trip with the hometown handy dude !!!

Mr Misfish, we'll get that set up one year!

Met and fished with a few folks from OFC. Learnt alot from the few times I have fished with Lew if I ever decide to target those toothy fish on purpose.

Had a fun weekend with Diplip, Lew, Cory and Reefhawg. Highlight was meeting Corkys sister.

Went perching on the ice with a few guys too, they made fun of me and my swiss cheesing.

FishnSled and I have had some fun days.

And of course the BOQ GTG and one Nip trip I sort of remember.

Would love to hook up with Solo on some state side tribs and just sit and watch. DanC for those awesome specks. Ron, for his knowledge and success on Rice which is one of my favourite lakes. And I'd love to film a show with Mercer, I think we could have a fun time playing off each other.

And Sir fish alot Steve, he reminds me of myself a few years ago on Simcoe, would love to get with ya and see how the lake is fished now.

Of course there is more, heck I'd fish with anyone, if they bring the Gweeches.

Edited by Harrison

Good thread, I've had the pleasure of fishing with or along side of a bunch of people here. Become good friends with a few folks that I have spent vacation time/fishing trips with.

The first person I met was Maureen at Lakair after driving all night for the G2G, it was about 4:30am and I was sitting dockside drinking a beer, Lew was the second and Wayne put me up that weekend.

I've spent a few trips with mistyriver and his family, always a great time.

TennesseeGuy has put up with me for weeks at a time, I share his love for NWO

DanC, although I have never met personally (hopefully we can change that one day)he helped me out of a jamb one summer while I was in his neck of the woods :thumbsup_anim:

Limited by disability, Deg and Whopper has been it, Whopper`s friend also but I don`t believe he is a member. All great guys ti fish with though.

Paul if your up for it let's do it again this summer, I'll get Don on board

In the nearly 9 years I've been on this board I've had the pleasure of sharing a boat with more than 60 OFNers.

Sadly most of them no longer post here but every one of them was a great guy and I still fish with a few of them.

I agree Lew, I have yet to meet anyone here that I wouldn't invite into my home....well maybe not JP, don't think I keep enough beer in the frig :lol:

30 or more but they'll never admit to it.... :D

One of these days Andy

There's a few more here I would like to fish with, one never knows where I'll pop up

I went swimming on a fishing trip with the hometown handy dude !!!

seats from a van don't make for a good boat seats now do they... whistling.gif

You sure wouldn't be able to tell by me...stretcher.gif

For those who do not know the story, here it is:(I have learned a bit since that day)

So the much anticipated weekend has arrived......I'm goin' up to the kawarthas to meet and greet some fellow OFC'ers. Big Cliff is first on the list. He sends me detailed directions....I have a GPS. Need I say more? Yes I do. I plug his address into the GPS, it finds it no problem at all. So up the 115\35 I go. I recall that I need to drive to the first light, la de da de da, I drive PAST the exit for 35 to Lindsay 'cause there is no light to be seen as of yet. When I get to the 7a exit I'm thinkin' (a rare thing for me), I didn't think I needed to drive all the way to Peterborough.....This is at 6:30 in the morning, Cliff said that he is up at 5 am every morning so I reluctantly decide to call. I wake up his wife, (an incredibly warm woman BTW), and she gets out of bed and goes to the top of the driveway into the shop and lets Cliff know that I need directions. (All of this time my GPS is telling me that I need to go back, but, NOOOOOOOO I know better because I remember the directions that Cliff gave me. Well to make a long story shorter, I managed to find his home, (nestled right on the shore of Sturgeon lake), and sat down to a coffee, while waiting for Beans, my fishing partner for the day. We laughed about my misadventures on the way up, and put that down to experience.

Beans arrives, introductions are made, equipment compared, anticipation of a good day is in the air. The downpour had stopped, the sun was out, life is GOOD! So, off to the launch we go, the launch went smoothly, Beans is in my, (yet to be slimed), boat, with no trouble at all. I park the van and trailer, make my way to the boat, fire her up and help Beans into the dodge van captian's chair that I had mounted on the front bench seat of my 14' narrow beam boat. Now, a word about Beans.....Besides being one of the nicest and most worthy of respect men that I have had the pleasure of meeting, he is also an very experienced fisherman. He's gotta have 30+ years of experience on me. As well, he is a large man, in heart and goodnature as well as girth.

OK here is the situation, an older, robust man sitting on a seat that is elevated 8 inches above the gunwales supported by a 10" circular base fastened to a fiberglass bench seat . The base is 12" high. Nothing wrong with that picture, right?

So here we are on the lake; Beans has pulled in two perch, I am still waiting to get a bite. I ask Beans how he likes the seat, "It is very comfortable" he says. I am curious as this is the shakedown cruise with the new seat. I believe him and envy him as it does look very comfy. Beans leans back as he says this, and to my abject, unaldulterated, complete HORROR! he continues to lean back and back and into the drink he goes! I still have a vivid mental image of Beans' head entering the water, he completley upside down, still seated in the chair, legs kicking vainly in the air for some type of purchase, with a look of absolute shock and surprise etched into his face.

Now at this moment in time I am thinking that I have killed him, he is going to drown, and it is my fault. So I do what any reasonable man would do, I panic. Thankfully he does not. Beans makes his way to the surface clutches at the side of the boat, and says something to the effect of " That was interesting", and I am thinking how the hell am I gonna get him back in??????!!!!!

Fortunatly there are two men nearby in a bass boat, I call them over and they CALMLY get us cooled off, well Beans was already cool, he was IN the water after all, and get Beans into a life jacket, haul him into their boat, and transfer him back to mine. They were the true heros of the situation, regretably we did not get their names.

(So if you recognize this situation, and lurk the board, THANK YOU!!!!!!) If you are members here, stand and be counted.

During all of this Beans is concerned for me, because he can see the huge impact that this has had on me. I am not doing well....

Need less to say, that was the end of the outing.

Beans I owe you an apology, and thank you very much for your freindship that was offered despite my attempt on your life.

Cliff I appreciate the sage advice given after this incident, and will take it to heart.

So, do I need to say anything about ALWAYS wearing your PFD????

Never been out fishing with someone from the board other than meeting Mike The Pike at my house.... he was in the neighborhood a couple of years ago and it was nice shaking his hand and meeting him B)

It was like I knew him since I've seen his mug from the reports he put on here :lol: Funny.... only thing that comes to mind right now is "BIG BIRD" :lol:

Mike also met my wife before he was on his way. He hasn't been online much since.... hope all is good with him & his family

Leechman

Edited to say Oppps :w00t: Forgot to mention that Roy and Mercman would be an honor to meet them and share a day on the soft water :Gonefishing::canadian:B)

Edited by Leechman