October

TennesseeGuy

Beatrice and I were the only humans on Little Vermilion Lake for most of the week. Sometimes Bea is a dog.

We had spent a long day on the water and were picking up a few walleyes in Surprise Bay, just across the lake

from camp.

CanadaOctober2003069.jpg

Bea likes for me to fish with the sonar signal on so she can tell when we're over fish. We were definitely over fish

and she anticipated seeing my rod bend. That's the signal for her to go crazy until a fish is boated. When releasing

a fish I must hold her collar with one hand and release the fish with my other hand or she'll be overboard.

Bringing a wet dog into my boat in October isn't fun.

CanadaOctober2003063.jpg

Minutes later Brett approached in his Beaver, came by to say hello and to let me know to bring in a couple of extra

walleyes for the evening meal. I got one photo and was set to take another when he reached our boat, but as he

got closer Bea was frightened and tried climbing up my face. No picture.

CanadaOctober2003071.jpg

We had a great meal of fried walleyes washed down by the appropriate fluid. Bea and I stayed a few more days until

moose hunters came in. We had the plane to ourselves back to Red Lake and then hit the road in our van for the

1465 mile ride to Tennessee.

Leaving the north country on the final day of the final trip of the year is a sad experiece.

Nice pictures! :thumbsup_anim:

Leaving the north country on the final day of the final trip of the year is a sad experiece.

Don't you just hate that last few minutes of the ride home. You know, just as you are ariving around the corner and your heart sinks low in your chest upon the realization that this is really the end. :(

For us it's coming down the 400 and seeing Toronto's buildings down the road. If we are coming back from Owen Sound or Sauble Beach it's when we come down #6 HWY and just come over the crest of the Niagara Escarpment and see Hamilton down below.

It's so depressing to see the city ahead.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Actually the scenery was great and hard for this point and shooter to mess up. It was the kind of October trip that carries me through until the next May outing.

grt1, it's jig, jig, click, jig, jig, click and sometime it works.

Here's more sunshine for victims of cabin fever

Shot from mouth of Nungesser River

P7110012.jpg

West Bay

P8120061.jpg

More West Bay

P8120055.jpg

Outlet - Early September 2003

P9030058.jpg

Outpost Bay

CanadaOctober2003048.jpg

Otter Narrows

CanadaOctober2003046.jpg

Big Rathouse Lake as seen when leaving Whipsaw Creek

CanadaOctober2003029.jpg

North Bay

P8120059.jpg

I see these every day and they warm my heart.

Guest mistyriver1

Very nice Connie.

Absolutely beautiful pics. Wow !!

You've got some pretty nice scenery down your way as well. I'm heading back to Pigeon Forge in three weeks.