Dangerous storms heading for Ontario,

bigfish1965

More than 30 mm of rain for Superior area. Wind gusts to 100 km/h for southern Ontario. Go nail something down!

Watches

Windsor - Leamington - Essex County

11:30 AM EDT Tuesday 26 October 2010

Tornado watch for

Windsor - Leamington - Essex County upgraded from Severe thunderstorm watch

Threat of tornadoes this afternoon.

This is an alert to the potential development of tornadoes and severe thunderstorms with large hail and damaging winds.

Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements. If threatening weather approaches..Take immediate safety precautions.

A powerful and fast moving cold front may trigger a squall line of strong to severe thunderstorms this afternoon as it races into Southwestern Ontario from the us midwest. Latest timing suggests the cold front will reach the Windsor area near 1 PM and Sarnia near 1.30 PM.

Damaging winds..Torrential downpours suddenly reducing visibility to near zero and intense lightning are possible in the thunderstorms.

There is also a risk of a tornado especially over Essex and Kent counties.

These will be fast moving storms that may show up suddenly with little advance notice.

Chatham-Kent - Rondeau Park

11:30 AM EDT Tuesday 26 October 2010

Tornado watch for

Chatham-Kent - Rondeau Park upgraded from Severe thunderstorm watch

Threat of tornadoes this afternoon.

This is an alert to the potential development of tornadoes and severe thunderstorms with large hail and damaging winds.

Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements. If threatening weather approaches..Take immediate safety precautions.

A powerful and fast moving cold front may trigger a squall line of strong to severe thunderstorms this afternoon as it races into Southwestern Ontario from the us midwest. Latest timing suggests the cold front will reach the Windsor area near 1 PM and Sarnia near 1.30 PM.

Damaging winds..Torrential downpours suddenly reducing visibility to near zero and intense lightning are possible in the thunderstorms.

There is also a risk of a tornado especially over Essex and Kent counties.

These will be fast moving storms that may show up suddenly with little advance notice.

I was just thinking the same thing Brian.

I'm leaving this Sunday for a week of deer hunting. Hope everything passes before the hunt and doesn't return until afterwards.

Last couple of years we've been lucky as the weather was great all week long during the deer hunt.

What are the chances we can make it 3 years in a row ?

Is this like the one that got the edmund fitzergerald?

yup, it's been stated this one will be just as bad.

it's starting here in Brooklin now (well 5 min. ago or so). I'm wondering if I need to put a leash on the dog so can can go out back for a pee and not fly away.

I was at work until almost 9 pm. When I got home, discovered I had been without power for 8 hr. 40 min. Outlying buildings of our University were without power since around noon. Trees down, along with power lines.

Rain, and heavy winds still forecasted for tomorrow, time will tell. Had to reset a couple of AC clocks.

We finally just got the winds here. Trash bins blowing around, big fences knocked down, lots of debris.

just finished picking up a lot of small limbs out of my willow tree that fell on the side street, went to the back yard, big one down there. Looks like I'll be busy hauling it all to the dump tomorrow :wallbash: