For the hunters

oxcowboy

Well not gonna lie when it comes down to deer im soley a meat hunter and that means I shoot the first deer that walks out of the bush. Male, female, one horn I really dont care and has been the case in the area I hunt its usually multiple tags. Im not big on shooting the biggest baddest buck I can find Ive let them walk by they are the breeding stock. Mind you there is a big buck in one of our spots we call him the refrigerator been seeing him on and off for about 6 years now "his day is coming" he is very wyly. anyway for me its just about the meat. :thumbsup_anim:

my 2 cents

Peter

I'm in the same boat as the guys above. When I see a deer, I'm thinkin about venison chille, not the rack.

That's one squrrely rack though!

Is anyone else going out of their mind thinking about the upcoming season. :tease: I have no skin left on my fingers from shooting my recurve in practice..

Edited by F-is-H

More of a meat guy now, I've got my bucks in the past. Usually take a smallish deer early for selfish BBQ reasons and trophy buck hunt the rest of the season. More of a typical fan, but come new years eve day, I'd take that buck.

Now the 2nd buck is a trophy animal where I hunt in southern Ont, and looks lean, I wouldn't pass on him.

Edited by Harrison