Trophy Walleye Of The Chapleau Game Preserve

solopaddler

Ok.... that was a freakin AWESOME report! I really enjoyed that read, pics were a bonus!

After seeing those pics I can't imagine what else lurks in that lake....wow! Imagine another week there? That would be choice. Nice going guys, was a good test for things to come for sure. Hopefully you guys hit that place again next year, looking forward to report already! Congrats on a fun time to both of you.

Ok.... that was a freakin AWESOME report! I really enjoyed that read, pics were a bonus!

After seeing those pics I can't imagine what else lurks in that lake....wow! Imagine another week there? That would be choice. Nice going guys, was a good test for things to come for sure. Hopefully you guys hit that place again next year, looking forward to report already! Congrats on a fun time to both of you.

Giant snakes and most likely some other creatures of the deep (whitefish perhaps)

Another awesome report guys. Always new waters and in depth descriptions of your trips....just great!

Hopefully you guys hit that place again next year, looking forward to report already!

Mike is an explorer and as far as I can tell, so is Sir William. I have a feeling we won't get another report of the same place. Wherever the report is from, I'm sure it'll be super.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the report. Another great adventure for which I am sure we are all a little envious. I have no idea what you do for a living but your ability to tell the story of your adventure with words and pictures is amazing. Can't wait for the next report.

Fantastic report and awesome trip guys. All I can say is WOW! I especially liked your description of the portage in. I felt the smack every branch and twig as I read. Question for Bill. Do you ever experience any drifting on your GPS? If so, is there any remedy for it. I have a Garmin GPSmap 60Cx and drifts off position all the time. Just wondering.

Fantastic report and awesome trip guys. All I can say is WOW! I especially liked your description of the portage in. I felt the smack every branch and twig as I read. Question for Bill. Do you ever experience any drifting on your GPS? If so, is there any remedy for it. I have a Garmin GPSmap 60Cx and drifts off position all the time. Just wondering.

No drifting issues yet. I used that exact Garmin unit on our trip. I do like to keep it zoomed out a bit though (20M or so) if not, you'll be making more corrections then actually walking in the correct direction. If you think you are going the wrong way, or the arrow isn't pointing straight ahead, take 7-8 steps to get your correct bearing them make changes if you have to.

After finally getting to see the pics and report on my daughters laptop I'm still trying to figure out where the hell I would have fit into that canoe. w00t.gif

Awesome trip as usual guys. thumbsup_anim.gif

2 guys = 1 boat

4 guys = 2 boats

We would've scrounged up another canoe and body if you'd joined us.

Good thing you didn't anyway, we would have destroyed your back. :D

For now at least let's stick to fly in trips.

Edited by solopaddler

No drifting issues yet. I used that exact Garmin unit on our trip. I do like to keep it zoomed out a bit though (20M or so) if not, you'll be making more corrections then actually walking in the correct direction. If you think you are going the wrong way, or the arrow isn't pointing straight ahead, take 7-8 steps to get your correct bearing them make changes if you have to.

Good info! Thanks

Good thing you didn't anyway, we would have destroyed your back. :D

For now at least let's stick to fly in trips.

You'd have had to carry me in and I wasn't prepared to throw that burden on you's.

Fly ins might be (definitely) the better option, hopefully next year. wallbash.gif