Trophy Walleye Of The Chapleau Game Preserve

solopaddler

Wow , great report there solo , now that's some good back woods action !!!

I fished in that area a couple of years ago , We fished just outside an old CN rail village called Elsas . We had a great time as well .

Cheers

Takes some grit doods to jungle jump through swamp like that. A calculated risk that paid off nicely too. Sorry for th elate response but I was busy writing my own shhhtuff today. Good luck next week Bill if you're still headed out. Mike, we'll have to chat soon.

Bill and Ted's (ahem Mike's) Excellent Adventures..... a major motion picture... whooda thunk it. lol.

Gross!

I mean that in the best possible way.

I would carry the canoe, the supplies, and Mike to catch fish like that.

I wouldn't carry you Bill. That would be taking it a step too far.

Edited by Cudz

All your fishing tales are incredibly entertaining Mike, but I think this is your best story & pictures yet.

As the old expression goes, I felt like I was actually along for the trip.

Just REALLY good !!!!

You'd have had to carry me in and I wasn't prepared to throw that burden on you's.

Fly ins might be (definitely) the better option, hopefully next year. wallbash.gif

Tell you what Chris, I'll carry you and your gear if you can wrangle me an invite ;)

Dan

Tell you what Chris, I'll carry you and your gear if you can wrangle me an invite ;)

Dan

I'm sure I could swing the invite Dan but I'd like to wait till I'm able to carry my own weight.

Hopefully next year will allow me the opportunity. thumbsup_anim.gif

Wow, i got super tired just reading this!

Better than any fishing magazine story and very well written.

Information can be gleaned if anyone wants to try and duplicate this :worthy:

Unbelievable report :canadian::Gonefishing:

Thanks

Solo (Mike) thanks so much for the amazing report, and thanks to Bill for navigating you (both) through the wilds, safely, so you could write it. It really was (for me) like reading a novel you just can't put down, with the most outstanding pics to enhance the experience even more.

As others have said ... 'you really made us (the reader) feel like we were there' ... but without the bee stings, and the crazy leg cramps. ;-)

Well done, and I'm definitely looking forward to our (er...I mean, your) next adventure. take care. ... Jim