Trophy Walleye Of The Chapleau Game Preserve

solopaddler

Once again Mike, you have put all of us in the boat, around the campfire, and yes, slogging through the bush with you guys. As you know, the wife and I are heading up that way for a fly-in in a few weeks and you can't believe how much the anticipation has intensified since reading your latest adventure. Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

Guest Johnny Bass

Excellent report! Its good to hear after all that hard work, you caught fish. If you hadn't of, that would have really sucked big time!lol There must be some really monster pike in that lake!

I really like that trick to keep the beer cold!You guys always eat really good on those trips!

I dont know if I could handle such portages in my old age. I remember carrying loads threw bushes and being eaten alive by mosquitos and black flies. Sinking in mud, and having your skin cut by thorns, corn stalks or whatever and stinging as your sweating.

But that kind of fishing makes it all worth it!

Them's is some mighty impressive eye's,

And what a beautiful setting to fish I might add!

A bit of hard work(or a lot) always makes it even that much more enjoyable doesn't it?

Awesome report thanks for sharing!

I have a back lake trip comming up in 2 weeks which I can't wait for

But your story just reminded me that I need to stick to my treadmill/weight routine LOL!

That and I must remember to drink water....

Cheers,

If we would have done a better job at hydrating, we wouldn't have had any cramping issues the first night. I had to stop Mike at least 4-5 times on the way back and order him to drink water, lol... It's the little things that can make all the difference.

We have a few more adventures planned :)

If we would have done a better job at hydrating, we wouldn't have had any cramping issues the first night. I had to stop Mike at least 4-5 times on the way back and order him to drink water, lol... It's the little things that can make all the difference.

We have a few more adventures planned :)

LOL...and you had all that beer too?

Was it just for show or what :whistling:

:clapping:

Happens to the best of us.

I had a brutal portage in once some 6 years ago, it turned out to be one of those "Wow....I didn't think it would be that bad" moments.

Same deal bud, only the cramping legs were just the begining unfortunatly. :(

I screwed my lower back up by trying to be a hero and carry more then I should have...

Ended up wakeing up the next morning almost unable to sit up.

The rest of the trip I was border line miserable, and spent the next 2 month working it out through drugs, and physio...

2 big lessons learned that trip.

#1-hydrate, and drink till I pee....all bloody day if I can

#2-Don't pretend I am chuck Norris, and do it all in one trip LOL!

Cheers,

Excellent report gentlmen.

In case you werent aware, your trips make you the envy of every fisherman to ever exist!!

I hope to make a trip like that soon, I love the trips that take an incredible amount of work to pull off (planning and physical) because the result is even that much more rewarding.

Congrats on a fantastic adventure boys.

Oh and Mike, cheers for the excellent report as always.

Wow Wow Wow Wow!!! One of the best trips I've ever taken was in the Chapleau Game Preserve....and it was amazing walleye fishing. But I went into the park, and paddled for a few days into the interior...I'm super impressed that you put this trip together and drove right in. Okay...the portaging was insane, but clearly worth it....well done boys! WELL DONE!

Wow.

Lately I'm guilty of not keeping up with this site...let alone posting. My log-ins are limited to when Johnnyb sends me a BBM or text saying, "Hey did you see...", or when I'm looking for something on the classifieds. I've logged in 3 or 4 times, just to re-read this report. Excellent work, not only on the trip itself, but the write-up and pictures on here. If it wasn't for the insanity posted by the likes of you and Moosebunk, I'd have nothing to aspire to. Great thread - thanks for sharing!