Neighbourhood poacher is still alive and well...

irishfield

Freshly dumped deer carcus and associated parts this afternoon in the snow bank outside our gate.

Luckily I've kept Midhurst CO - Wayne Lintack's business card on my fridge ever since he visited me in my hangar way back in November of 2000 and his cell phone number is still valid. That let me skip the recorded tip line at least...and he even answered despite the fact he is off work 'till Tuesday. Passed it on immediately to CO on shift and I got photos before the animals get to it and foot print shots in the snow. One day we'll nail whom ever this is...I've been finding stuff like this almost yearly, including deer hung to bled out in the woods, since buying this property in 1992.

deercarcus.jpg

WoW that is disturbing ..how many deer are in that pic looks like more than one..I hope that they are cought and delt with in the appropriate manner..its such a shame to see the pure ignorance of some s.o.b arn't most deer this time of the year pregnant?....

It almost looks as though a wild animal got hold of it. Could there be a wolf in your area or something? There have been cougers sighted everywhere, could it be that?

It just seems strange that they would leave behind the skins and so much meat.

It almost looks as though a wild animal got hold of it. Could there be a wolf in your area or something? There have been cougers sighted everywhere, could it be that?

It just seems strange that they would leave behind the skins and so much meat.

Site is pretty clean. There would be more blood around if it was an animal attack.

Also there are tracks behind it I would bet there are foot prints from a human.

You really have to wonder why someone would take the chance to; kill a dear out of season, (like nipissing said, years ago if your family was hungry, no one worried about seasons) and then dump the carcus where it is likely to be found.