Not looking too good for opener in the Kawarthas

Big Cliff

Cold front + thunder showers/rain + 30K winds out of the NW = not a very good opening weekend for our our area.

I've been watching the forecast all week, my kids were going to come down to spend the weekend fishing with me but we decided to hold off until next weekend (that is better anyway, we'll get an extra day out of it :thumbsup_anim: )

We have some friends coming from Goderich for the weekend but he doesn't care if we get out fishing or not so we may just spend some time getting fat and playing some cards. Oh well there are worse things in life LOL.

yes we know how sturgeon lake will be for sure cliff,it figures last year it was even worse it was snowing and blowing it was miserable....oh well the walleye just might get an extra few days to fattin up !!!! lol we will probly go out but will stay on the ready or maybe hit a smaller lake with a little more weather protection.maybe ernie and i will see you out there in the comming days...do you know if snug harbor has the gas pumps up and running yet???? birch point has been the only place to get gas on the lake so far this year....shawn

Playing cards and gettin' fat ain't so bad Cliff when you have a view like that....Have a great weekend and give Sue a hug and kiss for me for Mom's day...they will still be there next weekend.

Edited by John

Cold front + thunder showers/rain + 30K winds out of the NW = not a very good opening weekend for our our area.

I've been watching the forecast all week, my kids were going to come down to spend the weekend fishing with me but we decided to hold off until next weekend (that is better anyway, we'll get an extra day out of it :thumbsup_anim: )

We have some friends coming from Goderich for the weekend but he doesn't care if we get out fishing or not so we may just spend some time getting fat and playing some cards. Oh well there are worse things in life LOL.

Bah! Sailors! :whistling:

JF

yes we know how sturgeon lake will be for sure cliff,it figures last year it was even worse it was snowing and blowing it was miserable....oh well the walleye just might get an extra few days to fattin up !!!! lol we will probly go out but will stay on the ready or maybe hit a smaller lake with a little more weather protection.maybe ernie and i will see you out there in the comming days...do you know if snug harbor has the gas pumps up and running yet???? birch point has been the only place to get gas on the lake so far this year....shawn

Hey Shaun, no pumps at snug. They're gone for good.

Wind sucks. I've been battling it all week. It sucks when you get crap weather on your annual week off, but ya just make the best of it!

S.

I think I may go try my luck tomorrow depending on what it looks like out there

Don't blame you...that's the advantage you have being in Lindsay, :D

Could be tough fishing with the double whammy cold fronts, but, it IS opener. Good luck!!!

Don't blame you...that's the advantage you have being in Lindsay, :D

Could be tough fishing with the double whammy cold fronts, but, it IS opener. Good luck!!!

haha I always keep a pair of snow pants, winter gloves, and an extra sweater in the boat until I know its going to be nice out just in case! with the cold front and all.. I may just have to start off wearing them hah

Hey Shaun, no pumps at snug. They're gone for good.

Wind sucks. I've been battling it all week. It sucks when you get crap weather on your annual week off, but ya just make the best of it!

S.

Lunge Haven have pumps.

Come on Cliff, maybe the weather will change or hold off if we all pray to the fish gods! LOL

I'm going no matter what, at least until I can't hold the rod any longer.

I'm praying!!

I'm gonna giver, screw it. I have rain gear, and a float suit if I need it. I'm sure the fishing will be tough, but its tradition EH! The boat is already hooked up :)

S.