Fisherman's worst enemy?

Mykester

IMO it's either dogs or kids. Stupid dogs be swimming in the waters I be fishin'. Or stupid kids be throwin' rocks because "hurr it splashes." I mean if you're going to be taking your children out for a stroll by the local pond, atleast teach them some basic respect for the people around them (or keep a close eye on them). Kids + dogs = unfishable waters. This only applies to ignorant owners/parents, I've come across awesome dogs and calm children.

Edited by Mykester

IMO it's either dogs or kids. Stupid dogs be swimming in the waters I be fishin'. Or stupid kids be throwin' rocks because "hurr it splashes." I mean if you're going to be taking your children out for a stroll by the local pond, atleast teach them so absic respect for the people around them (or keep a close eye on them). Kids + dogs = unfishable waters. This only applies to ignorant owners/parents, I've come across awesome dogs and calm children.

I believe the fishermans worst enemy is:

WIND!!!! :tease::tease::tease:

Nah Mykester, You can't blame anyone or anything, especially when they're all naive and not aware.

I bet you've thrown rocks into the water plenty of times when you were young. Sure is a lot of fun when the fish were slowing down!

I say the worst enemy is a thunderstorm though..you can't even get on the water with that.

All the other times, don't blame the fish, blame the yourself for not finding them

A negative attitude imo is a fisherman worst enemy. I cringe when I fish with someone who constantly whines," There's no fish here" and halfheartedly casts expecting no bites and then gets a knot in his line and concludes that everything is working against him. oh boy what a downer.

Never seen a good fisherman with a negative attitude. I learned to always cast like you are expecting a bite and to be ready and alert for a bite. Positive attitude is key.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

while it might be frustrating to have rock or dog activity close to where you are fishing, all things said, they have as much a right to use the water for their personal uses as you do.

by the same token, a person throwing sticks to their dog could state that your casting of lures makes it unsafe for their dog to swim.

we are all stakeholders and need to learn to live with each other (except for sea doo'ers, those guys are just plain arseholes). :whistling:

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus