Ice Fishing Report

DRIFTER_016

My buddy Terry from BC came up for a little ice fishing, NWT style.

While we didn't land any true giants we did have our chances.

This video chronicles the 8 day journey chasing lakers on the ice roads of the area.

Enjoy!!! :D

Lake Trout Video

Maybe not as big as some of the monster up there but decent lake trout anyday. Nice work. Awsome background as well, i d love to pend a few years up there before i die. Looks incredible.

Awesome report and video Dave :thumbsup_anim:

Loved the bit where your friend Terry was fighting the big'un at the end B)

I see that you had the extension on the auger :w00t: still lots of ice up there.... are there any additional trips that you're going to undertake cause by the looks of it, you've got some pretty safe ice :lol:

Again awesome footage and thanks for taking the time to share with us

Leechman

Nice job on the video Dave. Looks like a great trip! You guys got into some nice fish too!! That camp is great......did you use it as a base camp, and move around fishing? I would love to do a trip like that sometime......especially up in that neck of the woods!!

S.

can't imagine headin' out with dual trailers of equipment just to survive. man that's some big cahonaes. just a great report . great photos of some solid lakers . love the bright yellow fins on a couple of those biggens.

fantastic camp set-up .once in a life time experience for so many ,, thanks for the trip.

Thanks fellas!!!1 :D

Sinker, yes the camp was used as a base camp. It was set up about 165kms from Yellowknife on the East Arm of Great Slave Lake. We left right from my door and travelled about 110kms on an ice road supplying a mining exploration camp off the Hearn Channel. We spent 1 day getting there, 3/4 of a day getting the camp in order, 1 day getting back and 2 1/2 days fishing. Then we spent a couple of days running the diamond road made famous by the ice road truckers show.

Leechman, yep we have a little ice left yet. :whistling:

Yesterday we drilled through as much as five feet of the hard stuff.

No more trips like that but I will be heading out every weekend until the shoreline goes.

Mostly to the lake a friends cabin is on. Not many biguns' but I usually catch a few good eaters.

ciscokid, yeah there were some decent ones in there but of course the bigun's managed to escape capture. :glare:

A combination of short rods, barbless hooks and bad luck are to blame. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!! :rofl2::rofl2:

I had one on on day 4 that was a dandy. I thought I had bottom for several seconds before it slowly swam off and the hook pulled!! :wallbash::wallbash:

There's always next year though. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Best fishing video I think I've ever seen, tells a story, great footage and great fish, music is even good. As Irishfield said " Beats anything on TV " take the commercials and product promotions out of any 1/2 hour TV show and they pale in comparison to the content of that short video. :worthy:

Fantastic report Dave! And yes, great choice on the tune. You realize of course that without having "fixed" the backgrounds, the next time you get out there, you'll be shoulder to shoulder with wannabees eh? I'm sure that lots of folks wish they had done the trip but lots of those folks don't have the garbonzos to actually pull it off.

Congrats to you and your bud Terry. Thanks for showing us.

Fantastic report Dave! And yes, great choice on the tune. You realize of course that without having "fixed" the backgrounds, the next time you get out there, you'll be shoulder to shoulder with wannabees eh? I'm sure that lots of folks wish they had done the trip but lots of those folks don't have the garbonzos to actually pull it off.

Congrats to you and your bud Terry. Thanks for showing us.

Yes, I thought of that, but believe that the artistic value of leaving the backgrounds in out weighs keeping my spots secret!!!! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

In 5 days out there we only saw 6 other snowmobiles and they were just passing through. :D