siamese pike caught in North Bay Jan 10th,2010‏

MooseMerch

Last time I saw this one it was caught in Minnesota :lol:

.... if you look closely the smaller pike on the left has its head in the gills of the larger pike..

I never noticed that the first time lol

Edited by LucG

haha good one Rick. Both of those pictures must have been posted here about 10-15 separate occasions each time with a different story. Hey, at least its been about 2 months since the last siamese pike sighting...that's pretty good.

has it only been 2 months? i seem to come across this picture it seems once a week!

Back when I worked for Real Fishing some guy mailed in a colour print of the original photo, swearing up and down he caught it in Hamilton Harbour and it was a genetic freak. We laughed since it was a obviously a copy of another picture, and seemed to be of two different fish, but we printed it in one of the issues anyway as a joke. That might have been around 1997 or 1998.

Wish I had a dollar for every time I've seen that picture since. I have no idea where who took the photo originally, or where, but I doubt many pike imagess have ever got so much mileage.

Heh I remember seeing that pic for the first time in 1994 when it took 7 minutes to download off a newsgroup using Gopher running a 2600b/s modem.

I think I remember the guy that swore he caught it in Hamilton on the old Zoo board, he also caught a blue cat out of the Grand and thought the pinks running up Grindstone had ulcers from coal tar.