NF: Bush's Beans

tonka-toy

Heard a rumour that at least half a dozen members I know will be interested in... Bush's Beans now available at Wall Mart - I'll be cleaning out the Scarborough location shortly after they open tomorrow!!

If you've never tried them and like beans give them a try, you'll understand why people will go to great lengths to bring them up here from the states. Just thought I'd share.

Edited by tonka-toy

Dang fine baked beans!!! :lol:

Bush's Beans!!!!

When another OFC member first told me about them and let me sample them, I thought he might be on crack the way he was going on about his beans..couple of bites in I thought maybe they put crack in them and maybe that's why they taste so good. For the past ten years anyone I know going to the States HAS to bring me back a case!!

LOL we have something Canadians like besides a bit of warmer weather in the winter? LOL, don`t ever say America doesn`t sell you gas! A common brand name here in the Medina Ohio area, all the major grocery stores stock it and in a few flavors. Actually a brand that no longer seems to exist Heartland were my favorite.

If you want bush bean why not go to a seed company, William Dam Seeds they have been around for 61 years and are here in Ontario and there open to the public in Hamilton about 10 min from the 403 you can call them up and order them. they have a web site hxxp://www.damseeds.ca/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=170 you can copy the link but you have to change the "hxxp" to http that should take you there.

Beans beans the magical fruit the more you eat the more you toot! :P

LOL...I taught a grandson..

Tea, tea,...makes you pee...down your leg and over your knee...

His nursery school teacher asked him who taught him that and he said his DAD... :lol:

If you want bush bean why not go to a seed company, William Dam Seeds they have been around for 61 years and are here in Ontario and there open to the public in Hamilton about 10 min from the 403 you can call them up and order them. they have a web site hxxp://www.damseeds.ca/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=170 you can copy the link but you have to change the "hxxp" to http that should take you there.

I too use WD seeds! Have for almost 25 yrs now. I used to live on the 2nd connsession just around th ecorner from them..Great place for seeds however this post is about baked beans. Wich IMO my hommade ones are the best!!

I'll never get to try them. One of my many many shortcomings is having a brain like a sieve, so I have to ask my wife to remind me about things I'd like to buy the next time I'm in the States.

There's no way she's ever gonna remind me to buy beans, not in this lifetime. :P

JF

I like making baked beans too. Plenty of bacon, diced tomatoes, onion, garlic. Molasses, dijon mustard, chicken stock, thyme, and cook em slow. Maybe a drop or two of liquid smoke and some crushed chili flakes. I like mixing the bean varieties, with black beans, black eyed beans, pintos and bostons. Serve em with some cheese, pickles, and fresh bread, wash it all down with a good ale.

I like making baked beans too. Plenty of bacon, diced tomatoes, onion, garlic. Molasses, dijon mustard, chicken stock, thyme, and cook em slow. Maybe a drop or two of liquid smoke and some crushed chili flakes. I like mixing the bean varieties, with black beans, black eyed beans, pintos and bostons. Serve em with some cheese, pickles, and fresh bread, wash it all down with a good ale.

Sounds like the perfect icebungalow meal for six Doug. Just saying. ;)

Gotta love beans.. I prefer my maple syrup beans any day, cold, right out of the can.

Like douG, I really like a solid bean casserole, Hawaiian style with a few types of beans, onion, garlic, bacon or ham, pineapple, diced peppers. WARNING!! No more than 4 partakers of said repast shpuld be allowed to occupy the same building, let alone a tent or ice hut :stretcher:

Have been buying them for years,was in Boston in the fall and bought 3 cases from Walmart,best beans around, if you haven't tried them give them a try! Thanks for info Tonka-Toy

Backlash

Went to Morninside location today, no fargin bush's beans. My source said they saw them at Warden and Eglinton, may check tomorrow.

Good topic - if you want to have a magical day around the camp in the winter, or in cool weather, bake yourself up a batch of home made beans (I got started by using the recipe on the back of the Thompson white pea beans package and 'adapting' later - favourite addition Kraft Brown Sugar barbeque sauce) and at the same time use Guy Fiero's (sp?) (chef with the spikey blond hair) pulled pork recipe. You can find it on the American version of the Food Channel web site. Both cook at the same temperature - the beans about 8 hours, the pulled pork about 10, but the cooking aroma is wonderful as is the eating!

Wow, didn't know you can't get Bush Beans in Canada....a staple here in my house....GREAT with a fish fry....Sam's Club carries Bush Beans but only the original kind where Walmart or Tops or Wegman's has the several other flavors that Bush makes....my favorite is the Country Style.......one last thing.....get yourself some FRANK'S Hot Sauce to spice the beans up....this is the same hot sauce that has made the Famous Buffalo Chicken Wings to what they are today...

Hmmmm, not a big bake bean fan........never knew i had such a great recipe readily available to me though lol. Maybe ill try them over the summer while grilling.

My favorite as a kid was Cambells Franks and Beans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as Franks.........i thought that was pretty widespread until i was tellin my boss (from Rochester) that i use Franks for a recipe and he said.........."Ok, so now whats the Franks". I thought he was joking.

Franks, Wieners or Hot Dogs all the same but none can hold a candle to the BEST BUFFALO has to offer.......Sahlen's Hot Dogs....once you have this hot dog all the rest are just dogs. MANY folks that move away from here have friends and relatives send them to Sahlen's for the summer.