Truth or Urban Myth in Ontario?

AzuluSpookd

There are people out there that believe the following:

When a landowner posts the red circles (no hunting / no trespassing) on their property.....

.....that not even the landowner or anyone he has given permission.......

.....is allowed to hunt. :wallbash::wallbash:

Thought I would post this, because one of my good friends is having problems with his neighbour (P3TA activist), who is 100 percent against hunting. My friend has 150 acres and utlizes this property primarily for hunting. This neighbour (who is running for mayor) harasses them constantly, takes their pictures, films them every time they go into the property. He also has been banging pots and pans, broken tree stands and ladders, but has yet to be "caught". Because he cannot prevent them from hunting, he stooping to this new level saying that the deer that they harvested in december, were "poached" (on his own property) because he posted "No Hunting" on it.

Funny thing was....the police had to actually research it and finally figured it out.....there was no basis to that argument and that these postings are intended for trespassers, not landowners and the people they give permission to.

Some activists are just insane I guess!! :whistling::whistling:

Red dots mean no tresspassing, not no hunting.

I'll post my land any way I want, and I"ll do whatever I want on it too. I would be in touch with local authorities regarding a neighboor who is harrassing me, and interferring with lawful hunting. If the guy is taking pictures and video, that's almost stalking isn't it? I would be over there having words with him for sure, that's total Bull, and I wouldn't have any part of it.

S.

Red dots mean no tresspassing, not no hunting.

I'll post my land any way I want, and I"ll do whatever I want on it too. I would be in touch with local authorities regarding a neighboor who is harrassing me, and interferring with lawful hunting. If the guy is taking pictures and video, that's almost stalking isn't it? I would be over there having words with him for sure, that's total Bull, and I wouldn't have any part of it.

S.

Yep, and if he ever came on my land he would be pushing up daisies!!!!

There are people out there that believe the following:

When a landowner posts the red circles (no hunting / no trespassing) on their property.....

.....that not even the landowner or anyone he has given permission.......

.....is allowed to hunt. :wallbash::wallbash:

Thought I would post this, because one of my good friends is having problems with his neighbour (P3TA activist), who is 100 percent against hunting. My friend has 150 acres and utlizes this property primarily for hunting. This neighbour (who is running for mayor) harasses them constantly, takes their pictures, films them every time they go into the property. He also has been banging pots and pans, broken tree stands and ladders, but has yet to be "caught". Because he cannot prevent them from hunting, he stooping to this new level saying that the deer that they harvested in december, were "poached" (on his own property) because he posted "No Hunting" on it.

Funny thing was....the police had to actually research it and finally figured it out.....there was no basis to that argument and that these postings are intended for trespassers, not landowners and the people they give permission to.

Some activists are just insane I guess!! :whistling::whistling:

Just set up a treestand in the neighbors view and hide a couple trail cams that are chained to a tree. If he takes one step on the property he's trespassing and can be charged. If he is caught damaging anything he can also be charged and it will look terrible on him as mayor.

Just have your friend say this to your neighbor "Now I'm not sure if it is you that is going on my property, but I'm setting up 10 of my new wireless BuckEye trail cams up sometime next week that have the ability to send pictures directly to my computer. So if you do trespass illegally on my property your picture is going to be sent directly to my pc before you can even destroy the camera. And there WILL be charges laid."

I doubt you'll have a problem after that talk, even if it is just a big bluff.

They've tried everything to get this guy to stop....one of the guys who maintains the property is a copper....and even he can't do anything about the picture taking and video's....

The reason why i posted this, was because when I had talked to some people they actually thought that if a landowner posted no hunting, that they couldn't even hunt it.

I did a little research and in fact in two provinces to our east, that IS actually the case. Crazy isn't it?

They've tried everything to get this guy to stop....one of the guys who maintains the property is a copper....and even he can't do anything about the picture taking and video's....

The reason why i posted this, was because when I had talked to some people they actually thought that if a landowner posted no hunting, that they couldn't even hunt it.

I did a little research and in fact in two provinces to our east, that IS actually the case. Crazy isn't it?

Time for an ol' fashion ass kicking.

Trail cam idea is neat. One thing to consider is to ensure that whatever pictures the cam takes involves your property and your property only if you plan on using it for photo evidence. You may violate constitutional privacy rights otherwise.

I’m certainly no lawyer but I remember a case last year of a mother and daughter who set up a surveillance camera in their backyard – I believe it was somewhere in St. Catherines. Their neighbour (a peeping tom) ended up being captured on video on the mother and daughter's property doing some unpleasant things to himself. Case got dropped due to violations of privacy because the neighbour’s yard (belonging to the perpetrator and his family) and back of the house was captured in the video.

As for interfering with hunters and anglers, doesn’t the Ontario fish and wildlife conservation act covers that?

Obstruction of hunting, trapping or fishing 13(1)

A person shall not interfere with lawful hunting, trapping or fishing by,

© engaging in an activity, for the purpose of interfering, that disturbs or is likely to disturb wildlife or fish.

Wouldn’t banging pots and pans be a likely cause to disturb wildlife and interfere with hunting? Surely after a number of complaints, the ministry or the cops would key in on the pattern.

I've seen some real nut jobs while out fishing. Can't imagine the weirdos you meet when you're out hunting cute animals like deer or rabbits.LOL

I think the best idea is just to shoot the neighbour and bury him in the backyard.

I really like you're way of thinkin' Bill :o

We're all aware MJL of what constitutes interfering with fishing and hunting, but trying to prove it is another story!

They're working on it!!

when did kerrie underwood move in next door? boy's its just the begining. more and more wacko's each day trying to tell educated people how to run there land, property and lives. We are all in danger of loosing what we love.

I'm not sure you get it...the guy being "stalked" is a copper....nothing he can do. I was out with him on one hunt and this guy came up to both of us and was taking pictures of the deer, the vehicles, close up of our faces....didn't matter...this guy has some gonads or he's just real stupid!

I'm not sure you get it...the guy being "stalked" is a copper....nothing he can do. I was out with him on one hunt and this guy came up to both of us and was taking pictures of the deer, the vehicles, close up of our faces....didn't matter...this guy has some gonads or he's just real stupid!

Then he should be able to make the neighbour "disappear". whistling-1.gif

I think a restraining order or whatever it is called that makes it law to keep them away by however many feet. Also some trailcams like everyone is suggesting, set them up with some sort of bait ie something the person can't resist destroying. catch that on camera and you will have tresspassing as well as destruction of property, hell even build a small shack with a lock on it and nail them for breaking and entering. Use this idiots boldness against them.

Since the guy is interfering, well actually harrassing your buddy while in the act of hunting, I would charge him with harrassment. I agree that the P3TA activist is boardering on stalking as well.

Either way, if your buddy decides to charge or just make it known what this guy is doing, I would think it would put a damper on his Mayoral wishes.

What a pain.

We were walking into a property with bows in hand and lady pulled over and cried " Your not going to kill those deer are you" I responded "no, we are going to try and harvest one". She freaked and said " You have NO RIGHT to do that, they are beautiful creatures and you can't hunt here" Caught off gaurd I said " then you have no right to drive on this road because I said so and every right to close your eyes and pretend you didn't see us becasue I said so"

She called the police and in a round about way, won , as I got a ticket for an expired sticker on my plate and she disrupted our evening hunt.

As for your buddy Zulu, it's unfortunate, but the neighbour will always be a pain. However, you can return the favour. I would hold some weekly skeet shooting events. Right close to the propery line, especially during the summer and on Sunday afternoons.

Edited by Harrison

As far as I know and remember from my hunting course and just finished reading my girlfriends book as she is taking the course right now. The red dot is NO TRESPASSING not no hunting.

As for the P3TA ( I know I didn't use a 3 but don't you think they have caught onto and look for that by now as well?) neighbor. Don't let your buddy stoop to his level. Have him record everything. Write it in a book and date it as to what the neighbor is doing. The neighbor is harassing it sounds like and that is illegal and he can/should be charged. With a book of everything going on will only help in the case for your buddy. He is doing nothing wrong and should continue to hunt in peace and happiness as that is what it is all about. Just be ethical about it and don't do it right in the neighbors face.

If your buddy cannot do anything about the neighbor taking his picture your buddy should return the favour and start taking pictures back.

Sounds like the two of them should get together for some beers (not too many though) and talk about what they are doing and their lifestyles. Sadly this usually never ends happy though.

The more you wrestle with a turd the more crap you get on you

This type of person feels they are morally justified and persecuting them only makes it worse and their cause more noble.

It is a mental aberration that is very difficult to change, back in the day we would leave them on an ice floe.

Dan

Go to Home Depot and buy a box of roofing nails.

In the middle of the night, drive by his house and toss a handful onto his driveway. Continue pattern for as long as it is entertaining to you.

The funny thing about roofing nails is that as soon as his tire hits a nail, it will flip up, pointy end first. My guess is that it would be pretty hard to harass hunters when you are forever changing flat tires.

HH

Just smile and wave at him, then do the little pistol shooting gesture with your hand and smile again.

He will do something really dumb sooner or later so that he can be charged.

As far as posted land goes. Red dots are no tresspassing. No hunting signs means no hunting is allowed on the property, even by the owner. No hunting does not mean no tresspassing. People can go on property posted no hunting and be assured that they will not be shot by hunters.