Place of honour for OFN picture

lew

Many of you will remember this picture, and for those of you who aren't familiar with it, my only brother was a member of this board for a few years but sadly died of cancer a couple years back.

Ed and I were extremely close and fished together all the time and his death really hit me hard.

After his death and totally unknown to me, Joey from this board got hold of a favorite photograph of mine of Ed and I fishing the BOQ, then got a group of OFNers to VERY generously donate some of their hard earned $$$$, and then they contacted another board member, the very talented artist, Pamela Dallaire, to paint the portrait.

As I said previously, I knew absolutely nothing about any of this until one evening Joey & her husband Paul (Tybo) showed up at my house in Toronto and presented me with the painting. I was totally floored by the gesture and to this day can't believe the kindness and generosity of the members of OFC

This is the painting

Cnv0482.jpg

And I just wanted to show those generous friends that I've now got the painting hanging in the den of my new home for everyone who comes to visit to see as they walk into the room.

The kindness of OFC will never be forgotten.

Thank you once again to everyone involved

Cnv0483.jpg

Love the new den Lew, you've done a great job of setting it up.

The picture looks awesome there :thumbsup_anim:

I hope you think of your brother fondly every time you look at it and I'm so proud OFC stepped up to the plate with this one.

Group Hug :)

Joey

I remember that Lew, and it was your avatar for quite a while also wasn't it?

I miss EddyK also, we used to pm each other on occasion, especially when the Master's came around every spring.

Nice to see Lew,

Glad you posted this picture of the painting so we can remember some the members from the past. Who knows. perhaps they are all sharing the same boat where they are at.

Cheers, Ron...

I myself can't feel the gratitude that you must feel when you received that but there truly are wonderful people in this world that do things like this for others. Glad that this was done for you. We all have our own special memories but having them captured like this is extraordinary special.

Tightlines,

Mike

Joey sure did some hard work hunting down those she knew would love to be apart of it!

Thanks folks, that picture will always be priceless to me.

As for Joey and what she did for me, well, they just don't come much better than that Lady !!