Fishing phrases/comments

vinnimon

instead of saying hi to the people i meet on the river i simply ask..."are ya winnin or losin?"....always seem to bring somewhat of a smile to people and an opening to socialize

Thats what I say most of time, or " anythin' to brag about? "

When ever I run into someone while fishing I like to say "Have you got a license?" I often follow that up with "Are you keeping that or fishing with it?"

If I am Steel Heading I like to say "You're standing in my spot" Then I often say to property owners as I am standing in their back yard "What are you looking at Dufus?"

And if I see a cottage owner that looks at me funny because I have just thrown a spinner bait between their kids in the swimming area I say "You don't own the water you know".

Hope to see you guys out there!

Jim

In a bass tourney my partner and I always use the Roland Martin sctick when one of us catch a hawg, if no other boats are around that is, you yell SON, and when its landed one of us will say, LOOK HOW FAT HE IS, anad the other will say, IT'S OBVIOUS THIS GUY DOESN'T DOESN'T GO TO THE GYM. Then we both giggle like little school girls. The biigger the bass the more we giggle, then it's back to business.