Joey's Tyler Report

Joey

Well it was a fantastic day. I think the Tyler G2G was very well organized this year and I had a great time. We were up by 5 and on the ice by 7:30, after meeting Wayne in the parking lot :clapping: for a morning hug and chat. We started getting ready and in pulled Bowshep and DMASSE, whom I had never met before. Nice to met you guys. Tybo, Wayne and I headed out in search of Terry, and found him trying to hide from us somewhere at the 65 ft of water mark. Gerritt, Headhunter and Fishnsled were also there jigging their little hearts out. Terry caught the first fish, a cute little perch. PatB showed up and got the second perch. Shortly thereafter Cory and Heather came out, followed by Cliff, Carol and their lovely daughter. What a sweetie she was and we had a nice little chat in my hut trying to stay warm.

DMASSE stopped by and told us about Bowshep's mishap, which was unfortunate. Kind of put the kibosh on his fishing day, but I think he started a new fashion statement with the mismatched shoes he had to wear after that as he got soaked. Chuck and Shelley stopped by on thier quest for fish and stayed to chat for awhile too.

After getting no fish to cooperate we headed back for a bite to eat of some awesome food cooked by our wonderful chef', Bigcliff, Beans, JR and Loonietoon. Good eats guys, kudos to you.

The prize table was outsanding and everyone left with something, after our winners did their picks first, with Tyler beaming from ear to ear as he congratulated everyone.

There were alot of OFC'rs to chat with back at the gathering area and as we were talking I was surprised to see my sister, her husband and my niece show up on their snowmobiles. They live in Bradford and decided to come down and surprise us.

Thanks Mo and everyone involved, it was a great G2G. Here's some pics of the day.

Paul and Terry

med_gallery_17_7_6247.jpg

Headhunter (Joe)

gallery_17_7_1930.jpg

Irishfield (Wayne) calling upon the fishing Gods (or Terry, but neither was listening)

med_gallery_17_7_1109.jpg

Fishinsled

med_gallery_17_7_9869.jpg

Bigchev (Chuck), Gerritt, Wayne and Tybo

med_gallery_17_7_19500.jpg

Ladywalleye (Shelley) and Bly (Carol)

med_gallery_17_7_16873.jpg

Carp (Remo)

med_gallery_17_7_5890.jpg

ccmtCanada (Cliff) and Carol and Sydney

med_gallery_17_7_27115.jpg

Ron and I believe his daugther

med_gallery_17_7_28537.jpg

My niece's boyfriend, my niece Shawna, me and my sister Leslie

med_gallery_17_7_35308.jpg

Cheers,

Joey

Awww poor baby douG. How's the breathing coming along today?

Don't feel left out, there was some talk about you today :thumbsup_anim: And I believe it was all good.

Gerritt was a little parched tho, what without his appo juice and all.

Joey

Joey...thanks for your great comment on our thread. The answer to your question...the white candies with blue package....are Menthos!!! Kinda surprise she forgot the name since she pronounces them the same way she says minnows....LOL. Great report...and thanks again for the use of your hut to help keep Sydney warm. Hope to see you guys again soon!

Cliff and Carole

:thumbsup_anim: Well, every year it just keeps getting better and better, this year was no exception! At one point I commented to someone that "its' too bad the fish weren't biting better" and he summed it up beautifully when he responded " its not about the fishing, its all about a fun day for a worthwhile cause!" So True!!!!

A special thank you to my co-cooks, and all those that donated food, components, prizes, and helped us. You sure know the meaning of team work! I'd be proud to stand sholder to sholder with any of you any time!

I have to say though that seeing all the old friends and getting a chance to meet so many more people for the first time is pretty exciting. Along with supporting a good cause, it's one of the things I look forward to every year.

Sign me up again for next year Moe! :D

Great Report Joey! It was certainly an awesome day even thought the fishing was slow. Great to see some old faces and meet some new ones. :thumbsup_anim: Hats off to the cooks and their efforts and fine cuisine. :clapping::clapping::clapping: I'm looking forward to spend some more time with these fine folks up at Lakair in June, can hardly wait. ;)

Maureen:

You are a class act. :thumbsup_anim: Your efforts in organizing this event for a good cause is just awesome! :clapping::clapping::clapping: I'm certainly glad that I could be apart of it and looking forward to next year.