Simcoe Perch 2010

Terry

Today was the day to take all the equipment out for a test drive

cooks Bay seemed like the place to go

Loaded up a heck of a lot of stuff and off I went

I was surprised but how many vehicles were already parked by 830 am on a Thursday, but there they were.

the skidoo smoked a bit at first but ran great, stopped at 21ft of water dropped a line the fishfinder and the camera

right away there were lots of perch swimming around, so I set up the recorder. Wouldn't you know it as soon as I got the recorder recording all fish had swam away

but 5 minutes later they were back and now I have 2 hours for perch recorded..don't know why..LOL

I did a lot of playing around watching them attack and miss or sneak up and nibble it

I was surprised how far they have to move before you feel the bite.

I kept about 15 for a meal and let the rest go

it was a fun morning on the water and all equipment checked out just fine...except I left my lunch and coffee in the truck.

better then forgetting the fishing rods I guess

got back to the truck and I don't think there were any parking spots left in the area

here is a short clip of the fish, I will post the long one when I am fishing making it small enough to be up loaded

DSCF3617.jpg

DSCF3618.jpg

DSCF3619.jpg

DSCF3620.jpg

LOL

well I did say I was taking the equipment for a shake down test

I don't always take every piece of equipment with me, this was to see what works and what doesn't work

ok I do take it every time and I need to buy a bigger hut to put it in

I fished gillford, 21' of water on Wednesday, no camaera, no fishfinder and ended up with 20 keepers, the boys with all the electroninics ended up with less to nothing. I see these dudes with all the crap and spend lots of $$$$$ all on the pooo, my sugestion is learn how to fish, learn how to grab keepers. If anything grab a cheap fl8 flasher that unit will tell you all you want to know. freaking camaras are a joke, one time in 30yrs ice fishing did a camera ever help me out and that was on Scugog looking for a weed break. the camera definitly helped us out, other then that it's been alot of wasted weight

in your opinion ...

why would dudes waste their money on cheap Loomis rods

I could have had a limit of keepers if I wanted , I kept the amount I wanted and released the rest..if you really know the area you don't need electronics

but a good fisherman with electronics will out fish anyone without it every day of the week...

as for the camera it's a toy

it's a fun toy

I like playing with it, I spend too much time watching it when I could be catching fish, but that is what I want to do...

your thing seems to be numbers of fish to brag about, I go out for fun, some of which is catching fish, some of which is playing with toys and some is standing around talking to friends

some of my best days on the ice I only picked up my rod a few times

you go do you thing I will will joke with my camera and have fun .....

think I will pack my waste of weight for Saturday

Edited by Terry®

in your opinion ...

why would dudes waste their money on cheap Loomis rods

I could have had a limit of keepers if I wanted , I kept the amount I wanted and released the rest..if you really know the area you don't need electronics

but a good fisherman with electronics will out fish anyone without it every day of the week...

as for the camera it's a toy

it's a fun toy

I like playing with it, I spend too much time watching it when I could be catching fish, but that is what I want to do...

your thing seems to be numbers of fish to brag about, I go out for fun, some of which is catching fish, some of which is playing with toys and some is standing around talking to friends

some of my best days on the ice I only picked up my rod a few times

you go do you thing I will will joke with my camera and have fun .....

think I will pack my waste of weight for Saturday

It's all coming together now..... I understand why you don't catch fish through the ice now! ha ha ha