The Most Incredible Portable Hut Design I've Ever Seen!

solopaddler

This is pretty amazing.

You need to scroll down through all the pages of the post to see all the pictures of the build.

He is using a product called R Board for his walls (it's an insulation).

At his work he has a bad assed printer and has printed the inside to look like pine paneling and the outside has murals of ice fishing scenes.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index...?topic=118125.0

That thing is impressive, wow. You can tell that guy has some serious building skills. I can only imagine how much time he put into that thing, but it turned out fantastic.

The heating system is pretty sweet and the prints on the walls are something else. All he needs is a washroom in there and he's set. :lol:

This is pretty amazing.

You need to scroll down through all the pages of the post to see all the pictures of the build.

He is using a product called R Board for his walls (it's an insulation).

At his work he has a bad assed printer and has printed the inside to look like pine paneling and the outside has murals of ice fishing scenes.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index...?topic=118125.0

HMMMMMMMM, this sounds familiar. :whistling:

I thought you would be impressed with that shanty, I know I was.

Fancy lookin hut. Seems to be alot of hinges and stuff that will work great in a driveway but how bout out in some real nasty conditions?

I made a wooden cube that opened up and then the tent popped up. First time out all my hinges froze up, none of the latches would close, snow got jammed in the folding parts and froze so it wouldnt close. I got mad and It came to shore in peices lol

Fancy lookin hut. Seems to be alot of hinges and stuff that will work great in a driveway but how bout out in some real nasty conditions?

I made a wooden cube that opened up and then the tent popped up. First time out all my hinges froze up, none of the latches would close, snow got jammed in the folding parts and froze so it wouldnt close. I got mad and It came to shore in peices lol

This is his second hut designed like this.

The first works very well.

This one is just larger than the first one.

Me too. I know someone on the board who does have the time and talent though.

Let's steal the design, patent it and have Wayne build 'em in his shop. :lol:

would they be built with aluminum not wood

and rivets not wielded,

see I do pay attention

LOL

but they would be done right, that's for sure

Wow, that's a real labour of love. Kudo's to the guy. It sure is a one-of-a-kind showpiece.

But it's way more complex than I would ever want to build and it's heavy for a portable day-hut.

I'd like to see a Youtube video of the setup once it's out on the ice. I can conjecture a few problems for it on Northern Ontario lakes, depending on how it sets up.

It is well laid out and superbly constructed. But I don't see it fitting my definition of portable. :D

Agreed. If I can't pull it out on my own, it does not fit my idea of portable.

However I also agree that someone put a lot of thought and hard work into it and ended up with a pretty incredible permanent hut. Great workmanship. The fellow should be proud.

Not to take anything away from the guy, because he's building it just the way he wants it, and doing a great job, but (for myself) the hut would be too heavy and elaborate for a day-hut, and unnecessarily complicated for a season hut.

Also, if I'm figuring out the pictures correctly, it is not built to be left in place for more than a day or two (depending on conditions) or it would freeze solid to the ice. There doesn't appear to be any clearance underneath the hut, and the floor may be built too lightly to be blocked up.

This would be a great hut to display at a sportsmen's show.