Picked up the new pick-up

lew

Nice truck Lew, I have the 09 with the 4.6, Love it and everything about it.

So much room on the inside...

It's my second Super Crew, had an 05 as well, it was a pig on gass, the 09 is a miser... when pulling the boat I get twice the mileage...

Mark

Wow, new truck, new home, new boat, you are living the life my friend!!!

That's just what I was thinking. :)

2009, the year of Lew...... :thumbsup_anim:

Congrats Lew, nice looking ride and as previously mentioned it'll look great pulling that new boat!

She's a beauty Lew, :thumbsup_anim::clapping: good on buying N/A but too bad the F150's are no longer made in Oakville, but that doesn't matter.

Does driving a red truck bring back any memories? But then it doesn't have a flashing red light up on the roof does it? :lol:

Yes 2009 should be renamed the year of Lew :worthy: Didn't ya all know? Lew won the 649 :santa: and forgot to tell us all :blink::D Selling your house in a T.O burb is much the same thing as hitting the lottery, you get a very good buck for what you have and the funds can be stretched a long way when moving to a different locale. :clapping:

Congrats Lew, all the best in 2010 and enjoy the new ride and new pad.

Very nice ride Lew. :)

Several of my regular customers have well over 300,000 k on the 5.4 without any major issues. Never had one of those engines apart, none of my customers has had an engine issue.

Having regular maintainance done goes a long way towards the longevity.

They had ignition coil and spark plug problems in the past but they have improved those issues in the new models.

One thing I would recommend is to keep the lever in the backing plate for the emergency brake lubricated. They have a tendency to seize if not used regularly. Also have the brake caliper slides and pins serviced once a year. It helps to keep the brakes working efficient and smooth to avoid warping the rotors. Oil the door/hood/tailgate hinges, locks and latches to prevent door pin wear and latches from from sticking.

The above advise is applicable to other vehicles as well.

Nice truck Lew. To bad I'm not a Ford Guy.

They are the Nice's looking truck on the Market.

Bernie, Funny you mentioned about keeping every thing lube.

Did my truck last night.If it moves, It must be lubed.

Need to get a new can of jig a lube.

Howdy folks

We headed to my buds place north of Peterboro yesterday morning for New Years Eve just after I posted this thread and just got home an hour ago.

I put about 200 miles on the truck and hafta say, it's by far the most comfortable & smoothest riding truck I've ever driven...really really nice !! I purposely went onto some rough snow covered back roads just to tryout the 4x4 and it worked extremely well.

And Bernie, thanks for the tips, I'm extemely fussy about all my gear and always keep it maintained in accordance with manufacturers recommendations....and then some.

Anyways, thanks to all for the positive feedback and I think I'm gonna enjoy this truck for a long time. ;)

Edited by lew

Howdy folks

We headed to my buds place north of Peterboro yesterday morning for New Years Eve just after I posted this thread and just got home an hour ago.

I put about 200 miles on the truck and hafta say, it's by far the most comfortable & smoothest riding truck I've ever driven...really really nice !! I purposely went onto some rough snow covered back roads just to tryout the 4x4 and it worked extremely well.

And Bernie, thanks for the tips, I'm extemely fussy about all my gear and always keep it maintained in accordance with manufacturers recommendations....and then some.

Anyways, thanks to all for the positive feedback and I think I'm gonna enjoy this truck for a long time. ;)

Anytime Lew. If the time ever comes and you need a little help with anything give me a holler.

Beauty ride, hope it takes you to all the right fishing spots.

Question about the spray in liner, could you spray this on the inside of the fenders, they would never rust and last for ever.

just a thought. wonder if anyone has tryed this?

KW Mike

Nice truck. I wasn't sold on the new look of the 150 but it is slowly growing on me.

With regards to the spray in liner. I have been to Ft. McMurray a few times and the guys up there will often spray truck on the outside with the liner as well. It looks like a two tone paint job and thy will often spray halfway up the doors. I saw 2 brand new trucks up there that were completely sprayed with liner. They have lots of rocks, gravel etc up there and you do have to remember that most of the workers are from Newfoundland.

Lol. Sorry to all the East coast boys on this forum which I know there are a loads.

Sweet ride!!! color goes well with the boat!!!

Pete - I'm glad to see someone thinks the color of the boat should match up with the vehicle pulling it. Now that I have a blue F-150, it just does not match my boat. I've been trying to convince Patsy of that all year and I'm just not making any progress. Since I have as blue cover for the boat, she say's it does match the truck. Any chance you could help out here ? :lol:

Edited by Rich Clemens

That was the exact reasoning I used Rich, I told Diane that the burghundy / white Skeeter just didn't look right behind the beige truck and I'd have to change it or look foolish goin down the hiway :lol: