Predator hunters???

Curtis

hey guys had an interesting morning that sparked my interest in predator hunting for coyotes.. This morning dad spoted one a field over from our house and i proceded to call and got him to come right into the back yard.. Anyways i shot my first coyote and it got me thinking that maybe i should start actualy targeting them.. God knows there is enough of them around...

to be honest im thinking i am going to make a a bucktail out his tail i already have a fox taill dried out i just need 2rs to makes it back to Ontario so he can make them up for me....

And i could write a whole list of problems about why to many coyotes is an issue.. Just think about how much you love your cat.. lol

Edited by Curtis

I used to hunt Coyote and Wolf... long range shooting .. Ruger Mini 14/.223 with 6-24x50 scope

and Ruger Mini 30 7.62x39 also mounted with 6-24x50 scope.

All the pelts went to my cousin a trapper.[ 90%]

When I was younger 20 years or so ago ..I was a member of the National Rifle Team..after leaving I needed

something to do so I started hunting the dogs.

I left the sport 12 years and sold all my rifles...I'm getting the itch again.

I was out shooting with a buddy a few weeks ago and found that I have not lost my touch but am very very rusty.

There's nothing wrong with hunting the dogs but make sure that you have plans for what will be done with the pelts and such... always recover your animal and don't let it go to waste.

RFS

:santa:

there are way too many of them around these day

I would think within the next few years there will be a bounty on them

I don't think so. The MNR believes the bounty system is useless as a coyote control. What is going to happen is they are going to start eating people. They have already tried and as more coyotes learn not to fear people this is bound to occur.

Coyotes eatting people? LOL.

It is exactly the same as killing a shark for its fin. You might think coyotes are a 'problem' right now, but this is how many many many animals ended up extinct. We think they are a problem or valuable, and then as greedy humans we kill them until they are gone.

I hope coyotes do thin out the herds of humans. If you are dumb enough to be eatten by one, you probably deserve it. Natural selection, evolution at it's best.

I hope coyotes do thin out the herds of humans. If you are dumb enough to be eatten by one, you probably deserve it. Natural selection, evolution at it's best.

thats almost the silliest thing i have ever read

It is exactly the same as killing a shark for its fin. You might think coyotes are a 'problem' right now, but this is how many many many animals ended up extinct. We think they are a problem or valuable, and then as greedy humans we kill them until they are gone.

May the Christmas Coyote leave something under your tree.

oh_howly_night_invitation_p1613490210936540522paf0_313.jpg

Sorry... but I do not understand this... perhaps it is because I am not an avid hunter... But why would you want to kill something that you have no intention of putting on you're table? for the thrill? I can see Deer, Moose, Bear and Birds etc.... but a coyote?..

I fail to see the logic in doing this if it does not feed you and you're family...

Killing solely for the pleasure you derive from killing one of earths creatures in not acceptable in my opinion..

anyways i guess we all have different moral values... who am I to try and impose my morals upon you...

Happy killing.

G

I think you are forgetting the young girl that was killed by them on Cape Breton island this summer.

Maybe we should send you a few more bears too.

The natural selection and evoloution is me blasting them with a 30-06.

And it is illegal to kill them and leave them. You must skin them and process the pelt.

There are rules for hunting as well as fishing. You guys don't want the anti fishers tropming on your sport so please don't tromp on ours. Or soon we will all be sitting playing video games.

Sorry... but I do not understand this... perhaps it is because I am not an avid hunter... But why would you want to kill something that you have no intention of putting on you're table? for the thrill? I can see Deer, Moose, Bear and Birds etc.... but a coyote?..

I fail to see the logic in doing this if it does not feed you and you're family...

Killing solely for the pleasure you derive from killing one of earths creatures in not acceptable in my opinion..

anyways i guess we all have different moral values... who am I to try and impose my morals upon you...

Happy killing.

G

Do you keep every fish you catch or do you catch and release....

coyotes are everywhere here in essex county. a fellow lost his labrador to a late season pack last winter. the windsor star ran an article on cats dis-appearing. i have found cat remains several occasions. they are cyclable . if theres game theres yotes.. mange is the norm. if there,s a problem they need to be controlled. one group 2 years ago shot 234 of them in one winter. my friend a veternarian saw a coyote run by with a cat in its mouth 4 blocks from my house. . if controls needed so be it. .

coyotes are everywhere here in essex county. a fellow lost his labrador to a late season pack last winter. the windsor star ran an article on cats dis-appearing. i have found cat remains several occasions. they are cyclable . if theres game theres yotes.. mange is the norm. if there,s a problem they need to be controlled. one group 2 years ago shot 234 of them in one winter. my friend a veternarian saw a coyote run by with a cat in its mouth 4 blocks from my house. . if controls needed so be it. .

Yah. Most people don't get to see that kind of stuff and think coyotes are rare and don't cause any problems. Most coyote hunting takes place on farm land. If there wasn't a coyote problem the farmers wouldn't bother letting people hunt their property! I live in Oshawa and the amount of coyotes around me is unbelievable so I can just imagine what they are like north of me.

Copied from another forum.

See recipe below...

2-4 lbs of coyote meat

16 oz of apricot preserves

1 bottle BBQ sauce

1/2 purple onion diced

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

1/2 tsp garlic powder

Throw it all in a crock pot and let it cook for 8 hours. YUMMY!!

I would give that a go Hammer.

It,s meat after all.

As for the other posts.

Lew ,I can understand your input.To some ,they are just another piece of mother natures creations,BUT,they,the yotes,do deplete other animals (yes mother nature at her best,sorta).They are growing much larger in numbers these days.If they are not controlled,they will get out of hand.Im not for shooting something that wont be used,but if they are getting over populated and doing no good,I have to side with the shooter.

If this makes me sound cruel,sry friend.

But like I said,I would give it a try like Hammer said.Although,I would sub the ,16 oz of apricot preserves,with cranberries.

Hope this helps.

Now for the shooting for the sake of just shooting.

If that was just a fun thing to you Curt,you need to rethink your hunting ethics.

Gman,,,,,,,

AMEN brother.

I don't actually set up and hunt them, but I shoot everyone that I have an ethical shot at. When you lose a deer to coyotes, 50 mins after you shot the deer, you tend to get a hate on for them.

Coyotes are smart. The more you kill, the more they will breed. Killing them off isn't much help.

S.

Problem is there is no natural predators left to keep the population of coyotes in check cause we killed them off by building cities and highways everywhere effectively taking away their habitat. Soooooo theoryedically know one is completely innocent here....Our forefathers were responsable for wiping out bears,wolves and cougars here in Ontario by changing their enviroment and now we have to deal with the aftermath of coyotes breeding like rats and eating themselves out of house and home....

In a sence we can have our cake and eat it too :D

Merry Christmas all and have a Happy New Year !!!