Check this out!! Major League Fishing?

TJQ

GREAT news for our good friend of the board!!

-----------------------------------------------------

Major League Fishing? Professional Angler Dave Mercer to Throw First Cast

June 3rd, 2009

Port Perry, ON

Dave Mercer Outdoors Inc. is proud to announce that history will be made on September 21st, 2009. For

the first time ever in major league baseball, the opening pitch will actually be the opening cast, cast by

professional angler and host of television’s Facts of Fishing®, Dave Mercer.

This historic cast will take place right before the Toronto Blue Jays take on the Baltimore Orioles at home

in the Rogers Center, downtown Toronto. Obviously, this is not the first spot one would think of when

planning a cast, but this will come as no surprise to Dave Mercer fans as the fishing funnyman has made a

habit of bringing his beloved sport to mainstream audiences.

Dave Mercer stated, “Not only is this a dream come true because I’m a huge baseball and Toronto Blue

Jays fan, but I feel it’s a great opportunity to put the sport of fishing in front of a lot of people that may

have never fished. I am also elated by the support I have received from the Blue Jays, turning this historic

event into a fundraiser for Casting for a Cure.”

Fishing and baseball fans alike will have the opportunity to take this historic event in from the Facts of

Fishing® section at the Rogers Center, where, after the cast, Dave himself will be taking in the rest of the

game with family, friends and fans. Thanks to the Toronto Blue Jays, a portion of the proceeds from this

section’s ticket sales will be going to Dave Mercer’s Casting for a Cure benefiting the Canadian Cancer

Society.

Blue Jays Quote:

Jason Diplock from the Toronto Blue Jays Baseball Club states, “The Toronto Blue Jays are thrilled to

have the opportunity to work with Dave and his team at Dave Mercer Outdoors Inc. This promotion

allows us to showcase two great summer activities while raising funds for a terrific cause.”

Tickets are $20.00 and may be obtained at www.bluejays.com/specialevents or by calling 1-416-341-

1234. When ordering, be sure to quote promo code GP-CAST09.

About Dave Mercer Outdoors Inc.

Dave Mercer Outdoors Inc. is the originator and the world's largest producer of one-minute fishing

interstitials, Dave Mercer's Facts of Fishing. Dave Mercer's Facts of Fishing also produces radio

programming, and a series of highly acclaimed DVD's. All of these properties feature Pro Angler and

Canada's fishing funny man, Dave Mercer. His unique and original blend of humor, entertainment and

education has made him one of Canada's most recognized and revered anglers. For further information

please visit www.factsoffishing.com

For further information on this event, please contact Jeff Slute at (905) 259-8966 or via email to

[email protected].

I added it to the announcements, but the reply feature is turned off in that forum, I had hoped to get a discussion going here!

Hey GCD!

What are you a board cop? This is a great oppurtunity to promote our sport and raise a lot of money for cancer!!! All we are trying to do is get the word out as best as possibel. So we can show the world how great the sport of fishing is and how great the people are that do it by all of us getting together to raise money for cancer. If you can't see why this should be on the main board then I don't know what to tell you.

HAVE A GREAT DAY! :D

Hey GCD!

What are you a board cop? This is a great oppurtunity to promote our sport and raise a lot of money for cancer!!! All we are trying to do is get the word out as best as possibel. So we can show the world how great the sport of fishing is and how great the people are that do it by all of us getting together to raise money for cancer. If you can't see why this should be on the main board then I don't know what to tell you.

Me so sorry!!! :blush:

... butcha yanno, any reply will bump this back up to the top eh!!! ;)

Edited by GCD

Hey GCD!

GCD used to be a cop. Now he runs a trailer park with the assistance of his friend Randy.

WTG Dave! In not too long a time, you've gone on to become the best ambassador to fishing that we could have hoped for. Congrats to you and thank you for the work ethic that you have and the time that you take out of your schedule to show some compassion to the less fortunate on behalf of the fisherfolk of Canada.

Thank you and continued success to you.

Too bad he's not down here in Pittsburgh. My son loves Dave. Even at 6, he gets the birdsnest routine at the opening of the show. He laughs so hard every time. That's a very cool thing.

My only concern is what happens if he's invited to a Leafs game. Will he bring an auger?

Awesome Dave, you have been bustin your butt. I am happy to see this coming through for you. I know its not easy.

Great stuff happens for great guys.

I'll be 13 rows behind Visitor dugout.