NF- Okay all you "know it alls"!

SlowPoke

I posted a chair on Kijiji for "best offer".

My email is going nuts! It seems it might be a very desirable chair.

I have had some lo-ball offers naturally and I have a price in mind.

So, I don't want to be the guy that sold his Honus Wagner rookie card for $2.00... how much is this chair worth?

It's extremely sturdy.

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-art...QAdIdZ125440345

Thanks for the replies...

I figured by posting "Antique" I'd get a lot of interest but I didn't think 10+ in the first hour! I have one guy from Thunder Bay VERY interested.

I didn't want to eBay it but not a bad idea given the action on this thing. Might consider that.

No info on it other than it came from my Mother that got it from her Mother.

Dang Brian I thought that with the amount of old buggers around here we would have found the son of the guy who made it.

There has to be someone here that knows something about this chair or where to find info out about

What about Canadian antique road show you can send the pic into them they will be able to help you out for sure Brian.

Just think tell the wife that its worth $100 and then use the rest to buy the NEW boat for your self

Very nice chair, I am no expert but to me when I look at the markings they look like they were done with a wood burning tool.

The chair would make a very nice accent piece, I think that may be where some of the interest is coming from. If you get the right buyer you may get a good dollar for it.

How did you come by this chair?

Very nice chair, I am no expert but to me when I look at the markings they look like they were done with a wood burning tool.

The chair would make a very nice accent piece, I think that may be where some of the interest is coming from. If you get the right buyer you may get a good dollar for it.

How did you come by this chair?

Thanks, I like it too, we just don't have a place for it. My Mother gave it to me a few years ago and she got it from her Mother. I would suspect it's nothing to base my retirement fund on but it could buy some lottery tickets in which I am relying upon for the golden years. :)

Edited by SlowPoke

Not an expert, but have seen many of them go through the auctions. Looks like it has been refinished which will detract from the price. I have seen them sell for as little as $75.00 and as much as $200 depending on the crowd.

I'm not a "know-it-all"... so I won't venture a guess.

...but if it will support your "Lard Ass", I'd say it's worth a buck or 2!

Thats funny dog I would figure something like that would be pricless to you ,long line of sisters cousins aunts and such ...cause I know you guys way down there are big on "keeping it in the Family" :whistling:

Edited by BITEME.Esq

I'm not a "know-it-all"... so I won't venture a guess.

...but if it will support your "Lard Ass", I'd say it's worth a buck or 2!

Brian I would save it for the GTG and see how it fits on Gelns head :stretcher::whistling:

and you can leave it in my shed until then

Edited by MrEh

Brian I would save it for the GTG and see how it fits on Gelns head :stretcher::whistling:

and you can leave it in my shed until then

LOL!! It's his way of saying he likes me. Rednecks are funny that way.

Nice chair, get what you can and spend it on fishing :)

Mother would have wanted it that way. ;)

Well, if you're getting a lot of emails I'd say something is up. Could be people are just hoping for a good deal OR it might be worth something.

I'd say get it appraised somewhere. At the very least look for some stamps on the bottom, any info you can find and Google it.