Deer in the Kawarthas...

TJQ

Not recently, there hasn't been that much snow there for over a month. And why are they not afraid of the people at both ends of the crowd? I don't think it is the Kawartha's. Maybe Manitoulin or Restoule. North west of Ottawa has crazy numbers of deer also.

And why aren't you in Cuba?

Edited by Skud

Great picture TJ, thanks for sharing.

I don't know, is that a reflection of what the Deer population is like in the Kawarthas?

If it is, then that shows that maybe the regs need to be adjusted by the MNR?

If the deer population is that badly out of whack then what is the over all situation like? I live in Vaughan and I know that the heard behind my house is multipling big time.

As a NON HUNTER I think that the season has to be looked at and the tag draws and controlled hunts also have to be re-evaluated.

FLEX

Great picture TJ, thanks for sharing.

I don't know, is that a reflection of what the Deer population is like in the Kawarthas?

If it is, then that shows that maybe the regs need to be adjusted by the MNR?

If the deer population is that badly out of whack then what is the over all situation like? I live in Vaughan and I know that the heard behind my house is multipling big time.

As a NON HUNTER I think that the season has to be looked at and the tag draws and controlled hunts also have to be re-evaluated.

FLEX

Ill go!! ill go!!!

Deer yard up for the winter. Looks like they are being fed at that location. That is likely every deer for a 3 mile range that have yarded up there. My buddy had 17 deer in his backyard everynight over the winter.. Cool pic.

I've seen a crowd similar but not to that extent.

I live on the edge of town here and when the snow is on the ground....the Farm feild next my place is FULL of them around 8pm religously.

They eat the left over Corn stalks just beneith the Snow.

On occasion My Wife and I have been able to count 18 of them.

The Problem here is its Technically in the City limits...no shoot'n allowed. <_<

The Turkey population is crazy as well but its a bloody Sancutary out here LOL!

When I lived in Grand Valley we had as many as 2 dozen in the field next door.

Up at my buddies cabin in Kenora the deer are as thick as weeds as well.

Manitoulin has stupid #'s of deer too. On one trip from Espanola to the Ferry I counted over 50. It was the worst white knuckle drive of my life!!!!

It was after dark and the things were everywhere. I had deer crossing in front of me, standing and running in the ditches and running along the shoulder of the road looking at me. There were a number of nice bucks too. :D

I don't think I drove faster than 45 or 50 K.