Weekend Report. Still Ice Fishing.

trapshooter

I'm still staring down an 8" hole in the ice up here. 3' of ice actually.

Here's some pics from the weekend. Lac Seul walleye and pike.

IMGP0660.JPG

IMGP0666.JPG

When 1 or 2 minnows just isn't enough.

IMGP0672.JPG

Yesterday we hit up a laker lake for a couple hours. I got the only 2 lake trout and I'm certain that the only reason I did was because I had a flasher. White tube jigs took both fish over 45 FOW. It's an easy spot close to town that you can drive and walk out to on Big Vermillion Lake.

IMGP0713.JPG

IMGP0715.JPG

Same fish, close up.

IMGP0716.JPG

Edited by BenBeattie

Wait till we hit some late ice or ice out brookies Dan.

Oh yeah. May long weekend ice out Brookies is a favorite of mine. If the ice is out. 50/50 chance this year with the long cold winter we experienced.

nice looking walleye...wow...three minnows......hungry walleye up there. I'm sitting here torn at the moment, got the green light from the missus for fishing the next couple of days.....do i go for walleye or trout.....guess i better get to thunder for both hopefully.

Gotta love all the ice still about...snowmachine might be retiring soon though.

Beauty colors on those lakers...most that I get down here are quite dark except for a few lakes. I also can't wait for those ice out brookies...best time of the year....bring on the 12 ft, the electric and the gang trolls!!!!!

We don't need to tell you, you are spoiled right Ben?

Nice fish pal.....I'd say I miss the ice already, but I'm looking forward to some soft water Crappies, Walters and Bass Opener way too much at this point

We don't need to tell you, you are spoiled right Ben?

Nice fish pal.....I'd say I miss the ice already, but I'm looking forward to some soft water Crappies, Walters and Bass Opener way too much at this point

Yeah I know it Abberz. :blush: And I'm in the middle of a 2 day trip even farther north right now. :lol: