Walleye with my wife

trapshooter

Kelly had a day off today so we loaded up the gear and hit the ice looking for walleye. She's not one for the cold and doesn't get out ice fishing much. In fact, she's never caught a fish through the ice.

Of course, she ends up landing a dandy.... her first fish through the ice ever is this fat 24" walleye :w00t:

DSC01671.JPG

DSC01673.JPG

She played it like a pro on my UL set-up with 4lb test.

We hit a few under 18" that we kept for the pan, including one that kelly got jigging. Man, was I ever proud of her hookset - hard and fast!

DSC01678.JPG

Here was my prize for the day. At least it'll eat :)

DSC01677.JPG

I was i could get my Girlfriend into fishing. She likes fishing for bluegills and is content. Im trying to talk her into a boat so that we can get out on the water and catch something BIG... well bigger then a bluegill haha

Congrats to the wife for the first fish through the ice ! It was a good one !!!

Edited by Lunker777

All nice fish for sure Ben.

lunker, you have access to a dock in the evening during the softwater season? if so get her to fish with a jitterbug off that dock. if she get's a nice fish then you are more likely to get her out in the boat. that is my wifes fav. way to fish, on the dock in the evening BUT she will go out for trips in the boat too now that she has a 2.5LB bass under her belt...

Nice report, very beautiful looking walleye. It's not a bad thing to get outfished is it?!?!? I actually enjoy it, knowing the other person had lots of fun! My sister outfished me by far only on her 2nd time ever fishing, and 1st time on the ice, it was the best trip!

Great report and pics Ben :thumbsup_anim:

Congratulations to Kelly for her first :clapping: Monster eye :w00t: Beauty B)

Bet she's hook now and won't let you off the hook that easily next time you got out for eyes, well let just say that you won't be able to say that it's for research ;)

Great job you guys.... keep it up and thanks for sharing

Leechman

Edited by Leechman

Really nice report, Ben! Great pics too. Congrats to you and Kelly. Oh and Kelly...I know that I don't need to tell you this but you have one helluva tutor there. Good stuff!

Dang wimmins!... always stealin' the big fish away from the menz!!! ;)

Congrats to Miss Kelly for swiping your fish Ben!!! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing::canadian:

When Momma's happy... everyones happy!!! :w00t:

The women rule once again :thumbsup_anim:

Joey

Shouldn't you be cookin' supper and ironing the curtains or something? :P

Great looking wally and a terrific way to spend the day. I always enjoy spending a day out fishing with the GF, unfortunately it doesn't happen very often.

Dishes, hell I have to do 'em everyday along with the laundry, the groceries, the vaccuming......etc, etc, etc...... :whistling: