Ive heard of turducken, but...

steverowbotham

Ok I got one

Recipe that is

First ya all fillet the pike. No bones.

Then you add some garlic and chives to a pan of EVO.

Now place the pike in the hot pan and fry.5 minutes each side.

Meat should be a nice white flaky texture.

Now remove , smother with garlic butter.

Now for the duck,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Im still working on that one.................Throw it threw the window.LOL

Ok I got one

Recipe that is

First ya all fillet the pike. No bones.

Then you add some garlic and chives to a pan of EVO.

Now place the pike in the hot pan and fry.5 minutes each side.

Meat should be a nice white flaky texture.

Now remove , smother with garlic butter.

Now for the duck,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Im still working on that one.................Throw it threw the window.LOL

Boil it in the pike guts?

That's how you know there are hungry pike and or musky around, when the ducks go missing... I have heard of this may times but never seen a pic as I would guess most fish to be big enough to eat a duck (no matter the size) would be full for a few days so decomp. would be worse then this. Either way I know it is possible (like a bass getting a frog) and that's a cool pic!

Edited by GBW

We have a cottage on Balsam Lake and every year my sister gets all mushy about feeding the ducks that have had babies.

There are usually two or three groups of families with ten or more little ducklings following mom and dad.

We would go up every weekend and each weekend the duckling count has gone down until there are only 3 or 4 left.

I just don't have the heart to tell her where they are going to.

Two summers ago I was fishing a back bay full of stumps one morning with my wife and I saw a small duck trying to take off from the water in the back of the bay, it was trying for all it had to get off the water but was a little too young or perhaps it was sick, directly behind it was a huge wake of a very large Musky that followed it about 30 yards around a bend and then I heard nothing.

I told the wife but she just laughed and said "No Way"

Wish I could have got that fish to bite. LOL

mmmmm....smells like fish, tastes like chicken :w00t:

I have witnessed muskies taking ducklings off the water a few times while sitting around the boat club in Chippawa where the Welland River and Lyon's Creek meet at the mouth.

Every season there are small famillies of ducks and ducklings milling about, if it's been quiet in there and not much boat traffic coming in and out I have seen for example a mother duck with 7-8 ducklings swimming about, then out of no where..a big SPLASH!!!!, the mom duck goes nuts and when things calm down 1 duckling is missing. :o

Edited by jwl

I have seen goslings get munched on Dalrymple.

The only way to know if you have a fowl-eating fish is to check it's stomach contents (kill it). So, for those that catch and release, just assume that you caught the biggest/baddest predator in the lake and let it go (after a pic of course).