Have You Lost Anything Down The Hole?

Clampet

About 10 years ago on nippising fishing for whities. I lost my dump can which i used to send salted minnows down and that same day i lost an ice skimmer.......... but managed to snag both with my jigging rap and up they came! Once on simcoe i had a stick down with a big size pimple.......... left it suspended and put the stick around my pail........ walked over to talk to my friend about 20 yards away and down she went never to be seen again. Worst part was that was the only hit of the day lol

rod and reel last year. My own fault, using minnow pail as a rod holder.

Also lost a strainer. Could not find my ice scoop so I was using the steel vegetable strainer.

My wife is still wondering where our strainer went.

I just shake my head and shrug my shoulders. lol

Edited by Cudz

I have seen people's rods and tip-ups go in,funny part about that is, pretty much every time I have ever seen that happen is after sitting out for hours with hardly a bite, run off to drill a couple more holes,take a leak,grab some more beer :whistling: ,or just simply walk over to someone elses hole and shoot the crap for a minute and what do you know,most action of the day!!! :lol: ,buddy lost grip of a good spud once at the trailer, he bummed about that

can't add an ice fishing misadventure from myself,but have been fishing out on a dock before over about 10 fow and grabbed my tacklebox which I "thought" was closed, and had it open and spill all over the place loosing a tonne of misc. tackle down the bottom. Or have had the kids over the years come down on the dock screwing around at the trailer and knock a whole array of things into the water...anything from my coffee,pop, or beer to all the worms,sunglasses,fishing rods, lures,and guess who gets to fetch it all after :glare::lol:

Or have had the kids over the years come down on the dock screwing around at the trailer and knock a whole array of things into the water...anything from my coffee,pop, or beer to all the worms,sunglasses,fishing rods, lures,and guess who gets to fetch it all after :glare::lol:

It's all part of being the Dad Jack. :D

rod and reel last year. My own fault, using minnow pail as a rod holder.

Also lost a strainer. Could not fisnd my ice scoop so I was using the steel vegetable strainer.

My wife is still wondering where our strainer went.

I just shake my head and shrug my shoulders. lol

THIS IS MY LAUGH FOR THE DAY.......... THANKS... :clapping:

A beer cap!

Many years ago an operator on Simcoe required a deposit to bring beer on the ice. If you didn't bring back every bottle and cap you lost the deposit.

A cap fell down the hole and deposit was ALMOST gone . . . I always carry a powerful magnet and sure enough after bouncing it off the bottom I caught it.

Lesson learned, always carried extra caps after that just in case.

I haven't lost much personaly but my hut has been the scene of some miss-adventers.My buddy lost a cell phone and a hunting knife in the same day.My kids like to come out to the hut for a fish but they really like to have a hot lunch done on the little stove in the shack.It is the highlight of the day for them so you can just picture how happy they were when the middle daughter knocked the package of hot dogs down the hole.They sink slow but faster than i could react.Perhaps the best story is when I had some buddies from work come out.We didn't catch any fish but stayed out till midnight.I had lent one guy my other friends rod and buy the end of the night there wasn't much fishing being done :whistling: .The next day I head out to the hut for the afternoon fish and after cleaning up we noticed that the rod I lent out is missing.We thought maybe buddy took it home by misstake no big deal.So we set-up to do some fishing.I get the vex out and my buddy sends his aqua-view down the hole and there laying on the bottom is the rod that I had lent out.I put on a big spoon with the biggest hook I could find and tried to catch it.Couldn't do it so I set my rod down to cook some venison sausage.After the sausage I pick my rod up and low and behold the rod that is submarine is hooked onto my big spoon.So I reel it up grab it and start reeling it in.Well it pulls back and after a good fight I haul in a 10 pound pike :clapping: .Not sure when or how the pike got caught but he ended up on the ice anyway.

My wife will never go ice fishing. According to local legend, long, long before I had met my wife, she used to go ice fishing out on Erie. According to the story she fell through one snow covered hole and was quickly fished out. Then came the 1/2 hour walk back to the car to warm up and change into dry clothes. Once all warmed up, back on out to the ice she goes and, you guessed it, she found another hole. At that point folks called it a day. Not sure if it was because the fish had been spooked, or because everyone had peed themselves laughing so hard.

I have only lost a pair of sunglasses down the hole.

I tend to drop more things in the lake in the middle of summer, like my cell phone, sunglasses, car keys. Went to bring a fish into the boat and as I leaned over it was clipped onto my belt and the side of the boat forced it off and over the edge. Thankfully my brother dove in after it and was able to retrieve it for me. And it still worked after taking it to the Rogers store a short time later.

I now never have anything on me except the clothes on my back. LOL

GCD no it doesnt. But in your case, i guess we can let it slide.

My friend lost his favourite pimple 2 days ago down the hole. He was pretty close to makin the guy who kicked it go down go after it....6 inch hole or not.

-R-

A couple scoops.

The bottom half of a 6" handauger.

An axe.

A couple ice spuds.

Pliers.

One swedish pimple I thought I had tied on, but just threw down the hole like a dumb :asshat:

One of those small micro tackle boxes with all my terminal tackle/weights/swivels etc......kerplunk!

I'm sure if I thought about it long enough, I could fill a page.

Sinker

A couple scoops.

The bottom half of a 6" handauger.

An axe.

A couple ice spuds.

Pliers.

One swedish pimple I thought I had tied on, but just threw down the hole like a dumb :asshat:

One of those small micro tackle boxes with all my terminal tackle/weights/swivels etc......kerplunk!

I'm sure if I thought about it long enough, I could fill a page.

Sinker

I guess that explains your handle...lol

I know this is a liitle off topic but it's close. Two years ago I was ice fishing on Nipissing near south bay, i was jigging and I felt a mushy hit so I set the hook and started reeling and after a couple turns I realized it wasn't a fish..........it was a pair of men's briefs. Now this was when the two fellas from the city drowned in the summer and they had only recovered one body after extensive searching. I wasn't sure why I would catch a pair of gitch out in the lake but I thought it might be from the lost boater and there was a 10K reward so I took them with us and called the cops, they asked me to describe them and it turned out they didn't match the description of the clothes buddy was wearing, it wasn't long after that they were in the garbage.

As others have mentioned I've had fish pull rods down the hole and later snagged line and recovered rod/reel and fish. That happened 3 times.

The most amazing example occurred a few years back up on Temagami. I drilled a hole at least 1/2km away from where my buddy had his rod pulled down the hole, dropped my jig down and recovered everything including a 9lb laker :) .

I've lost cel phones (2), a single burner stove, sunglasses, prescription glasses, chisels, ice scoops, a box of lures (that hurt :( ), a whole bunch of rods and tip ups, once a $50 cuban cigar just as I was circumcising it :P and countless sundry items like lighters and such.

(I'm like a bull in a china shop in the tight confines of a hut :D )

I almost lost my 4 year old daughter down the hole today on her first ice fishing trip!!! :wallbash: I had just got into the portable hut and before I could turn around to lift her over and onto her seat, she stepped right into one of the holes!! One of her legs went into the water all the way up to her hip!!!

My wife's not home from work yet, I'm still not quite sure what Im going to tell her!!! lol