New Years Eve Celebrations

Beans

My lovely wife's grandparents are celebrating their 60th anniversary tonight...so we'll be partying with the family...then rolling out bright and early tomorrow morning for a day trip to Scugog :)

Hopefully the same! did you get an update on ice conditions?

Its been a wild holiday for us... business wont slow down.. and there been more than enough late nights and headachy mornings already... we've decided on a movie night and some snowshoeing today.

gathering up the guys I jam with,packing the gear over to a buddy's place and being the band for the party along with that, my buddy's place we are going to he runs a karaoke business that he works at a few bars, so people will goof around with that in between us being the band. And the kids can spend a couple hours goofing off and singing along with joining the grown-ups in some board games and cards.

Tonnes of different munchy foods everyone is making and bringing along too add to the festivities as well. We generally try and make these sort of things a good time for the little kids, the teenagers and for us big kids too

A couple people are non-drinkers who are going so they agreed to be the DD's for the night, so that way everyone else who wants to over do it on the booze and stuff has a safe ride home :clapping::worthy:

For me not much going on tonight but like BUSTER said a few Coors Light and will hit the sack early, want to be in tiptop shape to go fishing tomorrow early :D Then in the afternoon, it's off to my parents and in laws for the traditional family blessing :angel:..... if we get back early.... might go fishing but not sure on that one

Leechman

Me, I just crawled into my nice warm bed and slept through it all. I feel great this morning, no hang over, no having to go looking for my car or keys, and no wondering who that is in bed beside me.

Good way to start the New Year off as far as I am concerned!

Happy 2009 to each and every one of you!

Me, I just crawled into my nice warm bed and slept through it all.

Wish I could say the same. My shift is ending in about 20 minutes. Then I'm going home to have breakfast with the family, get another half dozen flutter spoons painted and then crashing.

Happy New Year :canadian:

we took the kids and a kids friend out for some bowling drinks and pizza and back home for the JR game for the wife and kids it was board games that was a shock as we just bought them a Wii for Christmas I dont understand so I just keep my mouth shut and was happy I could watch the game in HD and not lowD 20" LOL the funny part was I had the T.V. ready to switch over for Criminal minds that started at 12am well I can tell you bell has there time set to time square because the kids were doing the countdown and just as it hit 1sec left we were watching CM I just laughed my arse off the girls were confused and everyone but me thought I had the remote it was a great night none the less.

Happy New Year to all of ya here at OFC

Cheers Mike

I was here in Michigan at the inlaws place with a bad cold. Slept on the couch from 7 til 10ish...fought to stay awake until midnight...took some cold medication and was asleep by 1215....LOL.

Earlier in the day, I noticed I had a flat tire....had to get that fixed...

Oh well...a new year has begun...and I hope it's the best ever!

Happy New year everyone!!!

I was here in Michigan at the inlaws place with a bad cold. Slept on the couch from 7 til 10ish...fought to stay awake until midnight...took some cold medication and was asleep by 1215....LOL.

Earlier in the day, I noticed I had a flat tire....had to get that fixed...

Oh well...a new year has begun...and I hope it's the best ever!

Happy New year everyone!!!

Dang Cliff!

Sorry to hear yer feelin' puny bubba! :stretcher: I know that bly gal will take good care of ya though!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Happy New Year to you too!!! :canadian:

Like ccmt, both Maribeth and I were fighting a cold all day long so by 10:00 PM our stay at the Legion was shortened...enjoyed what we heard of the band...and srangely, ended up at a table with two other couples from Alpine Village where we live...

By midnite it was back to the usual...

Getting too old I guess...OH well we gave it a shot...

Happy New Year !!!

The whole family (about 60 of us) got together on the farm. Everyone brought their Christmas trees for the bonfire. Had a whole bunch of skids and trees from thinning in the fall too. Made a huge fire. Lots of food and drinks for the kids and adults. Everyone brought a box of fireworks so we had a 40 min. show. All in all a great night.

Happy New Year to all.

Curt

gathering up the guys I jam with,packing the gear over to a buddy's place and being the band for the party along with that, my buddy's place we are going to he runs a karaoke business that he works at a few bars, so people will goof around with that in between us being the band. And the kids can spend a couple hours goofing off and singing along with joining the grown-ups in some board games and cards.

Tonnes of different munchy foods everyone is making and bringing along too add to the festivities as well. We generally try and make these sort of things a good time for the little kids, the teenagers and for us big kids too

A couple people are non-drinkers who are going so they agreed to be the DD's for the night, so that way everyone else who wants to over do it on the booze and stuff has a safe ride home :clapping::worthy:

this turned into getting to the party,waiting for a couple people to show up......then my wife decides to call and check on my little one...well the little one was throwing up and wanted to go home...so we had to leave the party just as it was getting started, pick up the little one, and go home and do nothing...I had a couple beers...wife fell alseep watching tv......yea..that was a fun party :(:wallbash: