today on the river

jwl

Well first off, this is the kind of fish you catch when you don't have your sign with you and your team needs a GL trout :wallbash::wallbash::blink:

344115710.jpg

I lost another one before that in the range of 10 lbs when it decided it was done jumping and thought for a change that it would dive right under my boat and try and come out the other side..and snap!!!!, had one other big fish on just long enough for a teaser.

And started the day off with this one..kepping my 5 years non boat skunk going..I may not always get em, but as long as a fish sees my boat, it's all good..5 years and still going strong :worthy:

Also got ths one as well.we will vist them in about 10 days

344115713.jpg

I don't think he liked me though :lol:

344115712.jpg

was a pretty cold snowy day out on the river..but well worth the effort for me amyways.

Edited by jwl

thanks folks, it was one of those days where you get frozen snotcicles out there, snow flyin, wind coming the wrong way up the river, thus really limiting where you can fish :dunno: I guess it payed off though. As for not forgetting the camera, my buddy took the pics, and my team sign...at the bottom of the other half of my tackle bag, I downsized to just my trout stuff for todays mission..I knew I was gonna get something as I have at least one all my last outings, so I knew I was going to get one bigger in the next few weeks to enter...go figure I had to get a hog today :oops::lol:

It was a blast they are fresh and crazy to boot, that one jumped out of the water a whole bunch of times. It's just the start of my winter season, many more to come..I just hope the ones in the mid teens like that one come out to play more...no camera tricks in that pic either, it's a hog, I was holding it pretty much against my chest...if you compare to the greaser you can get the idea....man The Slammers needed that fish big time...guess it's up to me to redeem myself on that one...I am hog hunting tommorrow for a derby so,I will bring my sign this time :whistling::Gonefishing:

Great fish! Did you get a weight or measurements?

nope quick CPR on that one...from past experience I would give it an honest 13-14 lbs, I don't like hanging fish that big on a scale..bad for the fish.....if I had my dam logo/sign with me I would have measured it for sure :rolleyes:

if I had my dam logo/sign with me I would have measured it for sure :rolleyes:

JACK!!!!!....Don't tell me ya forget the sign again bud :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: that fish may have moved us into 1st place :whistling: .......before ya forget, go get a magic marker and put it in your fishing jacket!!!!!!.....this way, if you forget the sign. you can take your shirt off and write 2008 OFC Community ON YOUR CHEST!!!!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Oh....and nice bow by the way!!

Edited by TroutnMuskieHunter