Sad, Sad news

Joey

I find it interesting too that Microsoft Canada had offered a reward for info to help locate him. I had hopes he'd be found safe...at one point they were trying to locate the ppl he was playing this game with online...in hopes that he went to one of their places. Sad...very sad.

Unfortunately, we knew where this was headed............

My most heartfelt condolences go out to the Crisp family during this difficult time. It is such a tragedy and pointing fingers is a colossal waste of time. We have to be vigilant with our children, this has taught us as a society about the addictive nature of video games. Get them outdoors and doing things that kids have done for time immemorial.

Sad indeed... unfortunately many of todays youth only social life is a cyber one...

the "1" eyed babysitter/videogames shouldn't be blamed. I still feel it's the parents responsibility to

look after their kids, instill into them proper morals/values, not blame someone/something else for their short comings/failures as parents

yeah i know, i'm old school...

as the saying goes, you sleep in the bed you make

Sorry, I wasn't playing the "blaming" thing

No worries .

Lets not forget about the hunter aswell. I cant amagine what he,s going through aswell. I know I for one would not like to find something like this.

Now they are saying it might be. I hate the media.

Edited by misfish

This is in fact sad and a tragic ending that I was hoping would not turn out the way it. Our condolences to the family and friends.

I went through some of the posts and I know some feel that it was over a trivial issue such as an Xbox game. I know Brandon's parents will be living with heir decision for the rest of their lives and will blame themselves for it, however I see it differently. I do not see where the parents went wrong here at all. Being a responsible parent myself I at times have our boys away from their games which seems to consume them on a daily basis. The minute they get home from school they think of the Wii games, or Xbox etc. and there is another life out there as well as gaming. I know that when I have our boys end their sessions of the gaming experience that they are having they do not run away as a result of it and get upset with our decision as parents. Gaming has become a way of entertaining kids sort of as a babysitting method so that some parents do not have to bother spending time with their children. The kids get consumed by it and then the parents have difficulty weening them from it.

I am hurt that a precious little boy has lost his life over his actions of running away. There is no one to blame on either side for what has happened here and hopefully many will learn something positive from this tragedy. I know we spend every night hugging our children and telling them that we love them dearly and tonight there will be a little extra of it.

We will pray for the family as they will have many difficult years ahead of them, it is definitely a difficult situation.

Kind regards,

Sam

I'm feeling much sorrow for his family just as many of us are. It is a sad day indeed.

However, I can't get over how quickly some jump all over a comment. I didn't see any blame in Fishinfor autographs comment. He was merely stating what was the reason for this boy to leave home and as he later explained it is such a trivial matter with such a horrible outcome that is hard to fathom a reason as to why.

May he rest comfortably and my wishes that his friends and family will soon find peace in their thoughts.