Im Back in

holdfast

Just got a call today from the Reserve Unit and finally the paperwork has made its way back to the Unit. I will be enrolling in an Infantry Unit, keeping my Combat Engineer Cap Badge and Rank that I had before I retired about a year and a half ago. Since I kept myself on the Supplimentry Reserve list, I would of only had 2 years to make the desision. Good thing that I have been working out since January as I will have to pass the Pysical tests which I am quite confident I will excell for my age category. I will be proud to give and offer my services and experience to the young soldiers that have bravely answered to the call of duty for this country. They are the people I have the most respect for in this country.

H O L D F A S T............

You have my utmost respect Bud!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can only wish I had the health......

I'm in my early 50's but have heard of others that have made it....the shape you must be in is foremost..mentally/physically.

Bud,

I live about 5km north of Trenton and the Armed Forces play a very large part in our town/community and everything that goes on it., and I have all the respect in the world for them and for.....FOLKS...JUST LIKE YOU !....

Them young'n soldiers truly need an inspiration such as your presence..it will go along way.

God Speed.....

and a Safe Return....Gotta love folk with the balls......WTG.

bNb

edit: ( I dont pray very much for things outside of family but,...YOU will be in mine from now on tho')

2nd Edit: SINCERELY

Edited by brickNblock

H O L D F A S T............

You have my utmost respect Bud!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can only wish I had the health......

I'm in my early 50's but have heard of others that have made it....the shape you must be in is foremost..mentally/physically.

Bud,

I live about 5km north of Trenton and the Armed Forces play a very large part in our town/community and everything that goes on it., and I have all the respect in the world for them and for.....FOLKS...JUST LIKE YOU !....

Them young'n soldiers truly need an inspiration such as your presence..it will go along way.

God Speed.....

and a Safe Return....Gotta love folk with the balls......WTG.

bNb

edit: ( I dont pray very much for things outside of family but,...YOU will be in mine from now on tho')

2nd Edit: SINCERELY

Thanks Brick, coming from you makes me feel good. Happy Fishing

Holdfast, you and I have never always seen eye to eye... even in private discussion. but I think this is one thing we can both agree on.. There is a need, and thank you for being there to fill it.

Be Safe.

G

My son is 18 and has been in the reserves here in Ottawa for about 2 years. He hand delivered his registration papers the day of his 16th birthday to make sure he could get in ASAP. It is really good to hear that some experienced soldiers are coming back in as reservists to lend these kids a hand. He is in Combat Engineer troop out of Ottawa.

Thanks Again Holdfast.

Dan aka WB

My son is 18 and has been in the reserves here in Ottawa for about 2 years. He hand delivered his registration papers the day of his 16th birthday to make sure he could get in ASAP. It is really good to hear that some experienced soldiers are coming back in as reservists to lend these kids a hand. He is in Combat Engineer troop out of Ottawa.

Thanks Again Holdfast.

Dan aka WB

My brother in Law was the RSS( Reg Force) Training Warrant for that same Regiment till recently. Hes currently working in NDHQ. Your son would know who he is if you told him that he is a Big Guy with a French Last name. Ive also met the RSM (Might be former) through my Brother inLaw. Go figure, he was my Sgt in Bosnia, I his second in Command, he ended up being my best friend, introed him to my wifes sister, now my in Law. Your son picked one of the most challenging and dangerous trades in the forces. I am sure that he has enjoyed some of the unique skills that he has learned. My hats off to him

Edited by holdfast

UOTE(wallyboss @ Jun 4 2008, 08:30 AM) *

Thanks Again Holdfast.

Dan aka WB

My brother in Law was the RSS( Reg Force) Training Warrant for that same Regiment till recently. Hes currently working in NDHQ. Your son would know who he is if you told him that he is a Big Guy with a French Last name. Ive also met the RSM (Might be former) through my Brother inLaw. Go figure, he was my Sgt in Bosnia, I his second in Command, he ended up being my best friend, introed him to my wifes sister, now my in Law. Your son picked one of the most challenging and dangerous trades in the forces. I am sure that he has enjoyed some of the unique skills that he has learned. My hats off to him

He is actually leaving as soon as school is over for Gagetown, for his QL 1-2-3. And he will do his QL 4-5-6 next summer. I don't think that he wants to make it a full-time career though for now. He is starting college in the Fall to join the Police forces. But I wouldn't doubt that he will change his mind sooner or later.