Some big fish tonight....

ccmtcanada

Well, it was such a great summer-like day, Bly and I just couldn't stay at home tonight. We decided to head to a local spot to see if the carp had moved in yet. The tribs are pretty much done until the opener, and nothing else is really open season right now. Anyhow, we got to our spot at around 830 and began the waiting game...and wait we did....

Nothing...not a sniff of our bait for a whole hour. Finally, at 930 they started to bite! Our first carp of the season was caught using some ground mix on a feeder and a fruity boilie. This was 31 inches long and was about 15 pounds.

cliff1-1.jpg

Bly was next up...about a half hour later, she finally gets a fish on...after a nice tussle, she landed this 32.25" one...again...another 15 pounder...

carole1-1.jpg

About 20 minutes later...after feeling lots of action on her line, she landed another one!!

carole2-1.jpg

We know how much Wayne loves our carp reports, so we dedicated our first one of the season to him....

That's all for now....good night!!

Edited by ccmt

Yeah, apparently they're ok to eat but I'd be careful. They didn't develop a mouth like that from suckin' on oranges.

LOL

Nice report guys. I'm hoping to hit a secret carp spot i know of later in the year for some monsters. Keep the posts coming. You write solid reports.

Tight Lines

-R-

Edited by Ramble On

WTG guys nice to see you can always find some fins in season.

I have to know Bly do those non slip gloves really help you hold slimy Carp :w00t:

They help some, but mostly, they help keep the carp stink off my hands :D

WTG...Carole and Cliff...can't wait to get the baitrunner in action...got some crappie fishing to tend to first though... :Gonefishing:

BTW...Big Cliff introduced me to a product call "Nok-Out" ...works real well to eliminate odours...fish, gas, cat piss, etc...

Got some for Maureen to spray her dogs with after they encounter skunks (they never learn!)

Can be purchased in pet stores and soon will be in bait and tackle shops...

Handy to carry in your tackle bag...eliminates human odour when hunting and fishing...use sparingly... :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Beans

Fantastic catches!

Nothing smells and feels better on the hands than carp slime :thumbsup_anim:

I fished one trib on Thursday and it was totally devoid of steel and suckers...Fishing for carp doesn't seem half bad this time of year...Looks like I might be able to Christen the new carp rod sooner than I expected.

WTG you two