Fish Batter preferrence #2

Guest Lundboy is Done

What commercial fish batter do you prefer?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer?

• Fish Crisp Original
    • Fish Crisp Garlic & Butter
    • Fish Crisp Beer Batter
    • Fish Crisp Cajun
    • Fish Crsip Italian
    • Daryl Choronzy's Breading & Batter Mix
    • Shake & Bake for Fish
    • T.J.s Secret Recipe
    • I prefer my own secret recipe

Guest lundboy

Hopefully this one works, lets try again!

Since the season is almost here I thought it would be a good idea to get some experienced taste tester opinions on commercial batters. I'm always thinking of trying one, but I didn't like the FC Cajun when I tried it.

I usually just use seasoning salt and flour.

Edited by lundboy

I don't care for commercial batters or mixes. I prefer my fish rinsed patted dry with a paper towel and dredged in a seasoned flour made from all purpose flour, garlic salt, and black pepper.

Ol Yeller makes a pretty mean fried fillet with patted dry fillets dipped in beaten egg and then rolled in Progresso Italian seasoned bread crumbs!

Progresso Italian seasoned bread crumbs

Now you went and done it! :oops: Not available up here, at least where I shop, :dunno: so now you're going to have to bring some of those Americanized Italian bread crumbs north with you to Lakair for the gang to have a taste. Sounds good, betcha if you went and mixed a little Parmesan cheese in with the crumbs it would have a nice zing to it.

Oh yeah, I had to vote for my own secret recipe because I've never tried the commercial ones. Might try Chronzie's one of these days, after all, a guy that eats as much fish as him must have some good ideas :whistling:

Edited by pikehunter

Hey dawg you stole me recipe !!!! man i love fish done that way too!!!!!....man im gettin a hungry on with all this talk about breading, egg,flour,milk,garlic,saly & lemon & herb pepper....then into a fry pan with about 1/4inch of hot sunflower oil ....man its soooooo goooood that way !! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Hi guys.Has anyone tried old Cronzy's fishing batter mix.Been fifty years mixing it .Might be kind of crusty by now .I like the old mixes of flour salt spices crumbs and beer. Dont forget the hot oil and beans.Like watching old Cronz Hate his old reruns .Seen one run eight times in a row over a few weeks .He talks in his rants about taking kids out fishing .But he never takes any out .He takes out his old buds or the lodge owner who supplies him with a free or cut rate to push their lodge. :blahblah1:

Hi guys.Has anyone tried old Cronzy's fishing batter mix.Been fifty years mixing it .Might be kind of crusty by now .I like the old mixes of flour salt spices crumbs and beer. Dont forget the hot oil and beans.Like watching old Cronz Hate his old reruns .Seen one run eight times in a row over a few weeks .He talks in his rants about taking kids out fishing .But he never takes any out .He takes out his old buds or the lodge owner who supplies him with a free or cut rate to push their lodge. :blahblah1:

he's getting worse with each show . eat what? eat when?

eat your ego !!! that otta feed you .

used to tolerate the show ,,, but the batter push is too much.

like the cajun F. C. with flour to soften it a bit ,,S & P ,,lemonseasoning ,,

try to keep as much fish flav. as i can.

Edited by waterwolf

Prefer my own recipe, but for the last year, I have been drooling over Kraft's TarTar sauce. Guess I've eaten so much fish and tried so many batters for so long that the only thing I never ate with fish was TarTar sauce.

I like to make my own batter as well... I found fish crisp was way too salty for my liking, the original anyways, I had another flavour that wasn't too bad but I don't remember which it was. I'm also curious to know how Cronzy's batter is, but I can't justify buying batter when it tastes just as good, and is a lot cheaper to make it yourself!

I love the Fish Crisp Beer Batter, we tried the cajun stuff.........No Thanks!

My wife has been making killer batter with almond flour and spices.

As for the Cronz, he is funny as they come, havn't trid his batter but his ranting and raving is good for some laughs.

I don't care for commercial batters or mixes. I prefer my fish rinsed patted dry with a paper towel and dredged in a seasoned flour made from all purpose flour, garlic salt, and black pepper.

Ol Yeller makes a pretty mean fried fillet with patted dry fillets dipped in beaten egg and then rolled in Progresso Italian seasoned bread crumbs!

Surprise, surprise I kind of figured you to be a cornmeal guy!

I make my own

Fish Crisp is darn good stuff and I love the cajun and beer batter, BUT

CRUSHED UP ALL-DRESSED CHIPS......

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Has anyone else used Chips as their batter?

If not, give it a try!! YUMMY!