Well, my day started off OK but!!!!!!

Big Cliff

good to hear my favorite small engine guy is ok, and if ya need a truck for anything over the next couple days the sierra just sitting in the driveway help yourself to it.

If I get a chance I'll stop by on the WE if I am playing around on the lake

As everyone says Cliff, the truck can be replaced. Glad that someone was looking out for you.

Couldn't stop is a lame excuse and will not stand up as a defense slush or no slush.

Just a split second slower on your behalf & he woulda got your driver's door! I'd be doin' a lotta yellin' for a NEW vehicle . . . . . getting whacked there will likely have you 'dog-tracking,' and wearing the 'ell outta your tires, as you drive down the road now, no matter how well they repair it! Your vehicle will also be worth a lot less money when it comes time to trade with major damage having been done! I had a new Civic hit, and even though it was repaired well ($9000.00+ damage) when it came time to trade it, even though it looked perfect, and ran perfect, a good car man can find tell-tale things that just aren't factory ('after-market' fenders & hood for starters) and your vehicle is worth up to 30% less! (Of course, when they sell it, THEY don't tell!!) Just to be safe, IF they hum & haw too much about NOT replacing the vehicle, if the damages exceed, say y y y $12,000.00, see a lawyer! It's great that you weren't SERIOUSLY injured, but I'll bet you'll feel the effects in a few days . . . . good luck!

WELL !!! ... I'll be damned !!!... :oops:

Wasn't on the puter after supper yesterday due to running all over Lindsay while picking out an outfit for Maribeth to wear to a wedding on Sunday...so, this is the first I heard about your mishap...

Sorry, but I'm damn glad to hear you are ok...If you need me for anything, give me a shout... :)

Thanks for all the offers of help :) . Looks like everything is going as it should. I'm a little stiff and sore today but then I'm stiff and sore lots of days (that's how I know I'm still alive when I wake up in the mornings LOL).

My insurance company has been fantastic, repairs are already approved, no after market parts to be used, no body repairs, if it's damaged, replace it and a full warranty on the repairs. The shop is a Nissan approved shop and approved by my insurance company so I guess they must be good. Since it is a lease, if I am not happy with it, I can always walk away from the lease, it's up in 7 months anyway.

My insurance company has waived my deductable ( I was sort of surprised that they even would have a choice) and made arrangements for a rental for me until my car is fixed. I'm a little new at this so how does this work? My insurance company seems to be paying for everything, do they then go after the other guy's insurance company?

I haven't asked them yet but will my rates likely go up because of this? Heck, first time in 48 years of driving I have ever been in an accident, haven't even had a parking ticket in over 30 years. Boy, I never thought I could come up with so many questions in one day; maybe I hit my head or something LOL.

When it's as cut and dried as it is in your case, any & all expenses are covered . . . . it's not an at-fault against you so your rates wont go up either. Did they tell you what the cost of the collision repairs would be? Lucky it's on a lease . . . . that way you won't get nailed at trade-in time either!

If you were proven not at fault, your rates should not change. Nor should you have a ding against your record. Your insurance company pays for it all and then goes after the other person, hence you not having to pay the deductable. There must have been coverage for a rental for you to be able to get one. I'm glad I took it with my policy. If it is a business vehicle you will have to pay the GST for the repairs and rental, but you get to claim that back.

Good to hear things are gonna work out OK for you Cliff.

I nearly met the exact same fate as you just this afternoon.

I was driving across town and coming up on a green light in my favor, and just as I entered the intersection another car was heading north and going right thru a red light going waaaaaay over the speed limit. He swerved into the south bound lanes to avoid me and only missed me by about 5 feet then nearly hit a southbound car head-on and almost rolled as he tried to re-gain control of his car. By the time I stopped, caught my breath and thanked my lucky stars, he was just a blurr as he raced north and outta site.

Jeeeeeeeez !!!! :wallbash:

So long as your fine cliff thats all that matters... the rest is just a pain in the ass.

He said he got hit in the rear of the TRUCK T.J. so his ass shouldnt be in pain.....

Glad you were able to walk away Cliff and get the process started towards getting back to normal.

Art

Steve, it was lower than they thought it was going to be, $5400.00 which isn't bad considering the cost of parts today.

Thanks Wayne! Yes, he was charged with (I'm not sure what the exact terminology was) running a red light The officer stated there was no fault on my part.

Cranks ; I do have a "loss of use" thing on my policy but wouldn't his company have to come good for the cost of renting me another car?

Glad to hear your OK.

With the price of gas I sometimes question going to a smaller vehicle less gas and less safety

You were hit in a truck by a truck and walked away.

Bigger is safer.A small car is not worth becoming another sardine can on the shelf.

Let us know what the new truck will be :Gonefishing:

Morning Cliff,

Sorry I don't have a computer at home to be able to answer your question. So I have to do it from work. Sure hope the boss doesn't find out. :rolleyes:

Because your insurance company is the one paying for the claim, you get what your coverage has. Yes they get reimbursed (so I believe, don't really care) by the other persons company. If you did not have the loss of use, it would be a big hassle. I understood it as you would have to get lawyers involved and try and get reimbursed yourself from the other company. In my opinion, the $30.00 a year for that coverage was well worth it considering I had to use a rental for over a month.

Basically once the ball gets rolling, you do not have to do anything. Be prepared to be without your vehicle for a while. Don't rush them, that way you don't get a rushed job, as in paint not fully cured etc.

When your vehicle is done make sure you check it over really well. Paint matching, parts on properly etc. Sounds like your at a reputable place so you should have no problems.

Now you just have to get used to driving another vehicle. Just as you get comfortable with it, you'll get yours back and have to get used to that one all over again.

Another thing I always do is write down exactly what happened, weather conditions, date, time of day, etc. That way if it comes back to haunt you 3 years down the road, you know what happened. I was in a very serious accident when I lived out west. It took eight years to be settled. It's amazing the things that you forget, but by having it writen down, that is your proof.