"Extreme" or "Stupid"?

Rich

My opinion is leaning towards the latter when reflecting upon today's attempt at carp fishing. It was -27 out there with the windchill.. if that water was sitting still it would be ice! Harsh. Even if we did get hits, the extreme winds would have hindered our ability to detect them.

But like any fishing trip, the fun wasn't in the catching. It was still fun to get out, even if it was a short trip.

DSC01090.jpg

DSC01092.jpg

Now you can call us "The Masked Carp Crusaders"

way to go Rich and his girl...I did that last year on simcoe with 60 click winds , and -25-30, couldn't get the ice hut up so I said I did not drive 2 hours to go back home..sat there back to the wind for 6 hours...I know exactly what you went thru...except one thing...you guys are way under dressed, at least I had my survival suit on....geez Rich! LOL

Rich...not crazy...maybe obsessed?? LOL. Good on you for getting out there! My first steelie ever came on a day exactly like this day you went out. It was well worth it! There is no fishable open water around me or else I'd have been out there as well I'm sure. It's been well over a month since I last wet a line and bly and I are going stir crazy!!! Great job...even with no fish, looks like a good time out there.