Days Fished Per Year

Fishnwire

In 2006, and 2007 I got out about 140 times each. That was because their was a fire where I worked so I went from 6 day weeks to 4 day work weeks.... Now I am back working 6 I think it will be time to find a part time job where I only have to put in 3 or 4 days a week tops.... I would rather be fishing than wasting time making money anyhow LOL

Guest skeeter99

143 days for me in my logbook for 07, best year was 2006 173 days out

hell this year I am at 19 already LOL!!!

here is the better stat 563 fish caught in 2006, mostly bass and walleye

and yes I do work full-time

14 days a month the rest I have off, I work continental shifts ***in 3 days I have my weeks work in**

Edited by skeeter99

I got out:

1 day out on to Belwood last winter---nothing caught, not much else going on

5 days to algonquin in May---Great trip...lotsa trout, and great scenery

2 days to Bruce county in July---one decent day, got a nice smally 21"

3 days to Grey county in August---Crap trip, lots of wind, high pressure, very few fish, and they were small

1 day trip to Bruce county in August---lots of Bass, nothing over 17 inches though.

1 day trip to Long point in August----windy wavey, one small Pike, but saw the largest Pike follow up EVER!

1 day trip to Stoney Lake in September----One small ski on an off Just like that...windy day made it tough to control the Boat

3 day trip for Steelhead Bruce/Grey counties in October---nut'n, saw a few takers, but nothing to write home about(rained all weekend)

5 days Hunting in November---got nut'n, but the weather was perfect.

3 days out to the BOQ in December---got blown off the water, and froze our butts off...blew a tire Yada yada

So 20 days total...

You guys put me to shame :clapping:

I am SOOOOO showing this thread to my Wife who thinks I spend to much time out on the water as is. :blahblah1:

I am SOOOOO showing this thread to my Wife who thinks I spend to much time out on the water as is.

I'm right there with you Bud. Also get out only 20 times or so (haven't been out since New Year's day...but I'm hoping this afternoon)! Wife also thinks I fish too much. Apparently not even half as much as people around here.

hmm, let me see....

last year's ice fishing: 6 days (morning only)

summer fishing: 3 days (morning and late evening only, avg time: 3hrs)

Private club fishing: 3 days (avg time 4 hrs)

fall fishing: 3 days (night fishing: avg time: 4 hrs)

That was p@thetic of a year, oh I guess I'll be making some others feel a little better now. Gee, I do need to get out a bit more for some fishing. I can still recall my high school summers and university summer years spending 4-5 days a week out fishing. :huh::o

Lemmee think for a sec.....

Started a fishing log around October of last year.

I was working so it was tough......Then only evenings I could get out but it was at least 4 times a week

and most every sunday.

Both my boat and dock are in my backyard so's after work....I'd start the motor up.and let it warm a little then run into the house for a quick beer..after that I do a about a 2 hour milkrun about 200' north and about 100 west.

Last years fishing....... should be around 160-170 days.

This year should the fishing time should improve because I no longer have to go to work. :thumbsup_anim:

I figure easily I could get in 200 days Rizzo....but not too much more then when I did work.

My avatar is a pic of the dock in the backyard.....at my full time residence.

Fish in these waters:

Walleye of course.

All kinds of Panfish.......loads of Catfish

Tons of Crappie.

Pike to about 36" so far.

Musky, with the longest so far at 47"

Oh yeah........lots a Carp

I'm never bored............................................

Well.could end up being less days actually.....my Bride has all sorts of building additions in store for me..Dang!

Edited by brickNblock

I never really kept track. I was pretty solid though. Almost every night after work and Sundays. I would say at least 150 last year. Mind you some times I would only be out for a couple of hours and then others I would be out for 12 hours. The beauty of living on the water with the boat ready to go within 5 minutes.

I did manage to get out in the boat Mid January once. Sadly there is now ice all around it so I have to wait till spring. With the conditions around here, I'm not sure if I will get out to ice fish.

Oh wow...bly and I fish quite a bit when the water isn't frozen. So, let's say we averaged 3 days a week during the spring steelhead run for about 20 times. Then from May thru to November it's probably about 5 days a week....that's 7 months times 4 weeks time 5 days.....ummm....175 days....

So I guess in total, we fished around 195 times in 2007. Most of those are just for two hours at night...now that we have a boat, we'll hopefully get out a few extra times.....

WOW, I can't believe the hours you guys/gals log on the water. No wonder you're good. I'm extremely jealous of all of you that got to fish more than myself this year. I've never kept count really, but I'd have to guess sixty something and I thought I was a fishaholic. You guys make me look like a shut-in. P.S. I'm still an ice fishing virgin.

An hour or two after work DEFINITELY counts. Think about it this way; A day in which you fish for five minutes is better than a day in which you don't fish at all. Whether or not you catch fish is also irrelevant, as far as I'm concerned...what do you guys think?

seeing as your counting a few hours after work(3or4)and 2-3 hrs in the morn before work im fishing about 200 + days a year.our ice fishing season on the BOQ started dec 4th for us and sense then ive missed 9 days :wallbash: ,due to white outs and a warm spell we had :wallbash:

great post i enjoyed reading all your posts.

Hawg Hunter