Gilford Today

Joey

Met up with Terry at Gilford today and we all caught fish pretty consistently, and not too many dinks either.

It was a great day, quite warm in the morning with the sun shining.

Paul ended up catching the largest fish :o , and Terry caught either a herring or the biggest smelt we've ever seen, and his personal Smelt PB :thumbsup_anim: Maybe even a smelt line class record :lol:

You be the judge: Smelt/herring pics first.

2239769769_c5494efba4_b.jpg

2239769997_f7c7e19dd7_b.jpg

2239770237_562e50caff_b.jpg

Paul's monster

2240556346_8d0fda07e3_b.jpg

2240556630_a7e1e58b07_b.jpg

Me with a little guy.

2239765087_f5b4a51877_b.jpg

Paul landing another.

2239763345_927005ab96_b.jpg

And another :o

2239764849_b12c9509b0_b.jpg

Terry's first of many today.

2239762415_47043ec16f_b.jpg

Here's Paul's and my Haul. We tried to keep ones with some size to them.

2240560324_6b510a843c_b.jpg

Saw some of these guys out today. Looks like fun. Ice fish trolling :lol:

2240558652_79c8c381bc_b.jpg

Thanks for meeting up with us Terry. Had alot of fun today. Hopefully we'll get out for those

lakers and whities soon.

So, can anyone name that fish????

Joey

I say it's a smelt.....

I had a good time today, we got on a pretty good spot with every few dinks and every now and then couldn't get one lure down and the other one was going off.....I like it when we are that busy........LOL

Lets do it again soon.......

anyone going out from Gilford watch out the whole shoreline have a pressure creak and much of it moved

so you have to walk along the 2x8s they put out to get over it or just go for it with an atv or snowmobile , sure am glad the water isn't very deep there

Hey great day of perching on the lake for you guys !!!!...and for 100% sure terry you sure did get a huge smelt !!!!nice pics too joey,and it looks like everyones going to have a good fish-fry too!!!!the weather couldnt have been better by the looks of it,lots of people out too i see, cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: oh ya terry fry that smelt up in butter

oh and had the aquavu down for a while and saw a big carp go by

then a while later I spun the camera around and there right on bottom sat a carp..just sat there looking at my bait but not moving

I jigged and wiggled and just couldn't get it to bite

then it just swam away..it amazing how much mud it stirs up

Pics are slowly loading for me, but for sure, absolutely, unconditionally, that fish that Terry caught is a Rainbow Smelt. the largest I have ever seen btw, and I have seen some big smelt up here from superior, and a few inland lakes where they have been introduced and proliferate. We occasionally catch them when fishing for lake trout, on set lines, with 4 inch minnows????????

No idea what kind of fish that one was but I gotta give Paul congrats on that lunker of a perch. Bitsmith and I were out at gilford today as well and did pretty well(eating my perch poppers now actually) but most were in the 8-10" range.

Did you guys see the kamikaze pilots out - one guy couldn't have been 15 feet off the ice buzzing shacks.

Edited by TbayBoy

Did you guys see the kamikaze pilots out - one guy couldn't have been 15 feet off the ice buzzing shacks.

If he's actually that low then you can easily read the letters off the fuselage side. If he didn't land or take off, to have an excuse for the height... call Transport Canada at 4900 Yonge St. and have them lift his licence... I personally have no use for such behaviour.

If he's actually that low then you can easily read the letters off the fuselage side. If he didn't land or take off, to have an excuse for the height... call Transport Canada at 4900 Yonge St. and have them lift his licence... I personally have no use for such behaviour.

I take it that is illegal Wayne?

We saw them but they weren't that low when we did. But I have seen them that low before while fishing Simcoe, back and forth buzzing over our heads.

Joey

Must remain 500 feet vertically and/or horizontally from any building, boat mast or known assembly of people unless taking off or landing. They know there's people out there....

The only time I come close to what they're doing is cruising Wasaga Beach in the summer time ! LOL

he couldnt have been more than 15' off the ice.. i thought was was going to crash... it wasn't like the ice was empty either.. he did it over a crowd of people fishing..

wish i knew enough to get letters off his fuselage..