Coyote Sighting

magnum

I just came home from a friends house (2:15am) and saw a coyote at Sherman and Burlington Street here in Hamilton (chasing some rabbits)..........I was wondering if anyone else had seen anything of interest lately?

I did a search and found out that there is a population of them in the Red Hill Parks....and with the expressway going in mabe he decided to venture out.........should I call anyone about this........does anyone think he would be a danger?

Since I live in the city, it was nice to see wild life so close to home......but I do not have any experience with these animals......so opinions are welcome.

P.S. love the new web sight.

Used to live near High Park in Toronto and saw a coyote walking in a small parkette by our house one fall, must have wandered over looking for food. I heard there was a small resident population in High Park.

Not a good area to let your cats go outside (!).

Mike

That's funny that you mentioned your sighting Magum because the last coyote I saw was last year in the area you mentioned. It was at the top Mt. Albion Road in the Redhill Creek area. Thought it was pretty cool to see. With all the construction though, I'll bet they'll be pushed out of the Redhill Creek area before long.

After a few hard years due to a mange outbreak the coyotes are starting to come back in S Ont.. I live in Oakville and have been seeing a lot more driving the 403 into Mississauga. Amazed at the number this fall. Saw a real dark one last week - pretty nice saw standing in the ditch right at Dundas and 403. Must have been chewin on some road kill.

Nice to see as they control the dreaded yappy dog and stray cat population.

When I first moved to Oakville we had them walk across the parking lot behind our house pretty regularily.

maybe now I can get that fur coat my wife's been looking for.

in oshawa its quite common to see them running on the property of the oshawa airport,you can see them almost daily from taunton road,right beside the airport they sometimes cull them because they could run in front of the airplanes they have had several articles in the newspaper about them,and they are not shy and are very used to people,our local radio station is located in the main building of the airport and the DJ s have been live on the air and have looked out the windows to see them chasing rabbits .for 10years i lived right beside the airport and have heard them howling tons of times as well as seen them right on my street.... :thumbsup_anim::santa: