When will people learn...

Gerritt

Guest gbfisher

The video was from last (Friday) . Is it safe? NO! Obviously not. The ice there froze over last Monday. We checked the ice Wednesday, the day before the guy went through(thursday). We only made it out a few feet before we descided to NOT GO!! Went to innisfil Beach instead where another guy went through just passed where we walked out to . The ice went from 5" to 1" in only a few paces.

I can see going if you check first but some think that because it has been frozen for a whole week that its OK to walk and sled on. :rolleyes: Well it isnt!!!!! There were at least a dozen guys out there this weekend WALKING :thumbsup_anim: and Sledding!!! :wallbash: I wouldn't walk out there with out a spud......... checking the whole way out.

Hmmm Salvage rights............going there on friday morning. :whistling: WALKING OUT!!...

<_< Must bring a chainsaw ,rope and ladder with me. :Gonefishing:

The video was from last (Friday) . Is it safe? NO! Obviously not. The ice there froze over last Monday. We checked the ice Wednesday, the day before the guy went through(thursday). We only made it out a few feet before we descided to NOT GO!! Went to innisfil Beach instead where another guy went through just passed where we walked out to . The ice went from 5" to 1" in only a few paces.

I can see going if you check first but some think that because it has been frozen for a whole week that its OK to walk and sled on. :rolleyes: Well it isnt!!!!! There were at least a dozen guys out there this weekend WALKING :thumbsup_anim: and Sledding!!! :wallbash: I wouldn't walk out there with out a spud......... checking the whole way out.

Hmmm Salvage rights............going there on friday morning. :whistling: WALKING OUT!!...

<_< Must bring a chainsaw ,rope and ladder with me. :Gonefishing:

Bring some gas, some fuel stablilizer and a dry towel to wipe her down when you get her out... LOL...

Wouldn't it be nice... ??LOL

Bet that snowmobile owner is a little sad today... and in his defense, we all make choices and sometimes they don't turn out so well... An idiot, nah, an adventurer maybe!

Cheers

Jen

Guest gbfisher

Nahh.. :canadian: ..Ill send a video to the news station showing it up on its end draining ..........then show it running around ON SHORE after we start her up. :thumbsup_anim:

Even on Nipissing there are areas to avoid. Talked to a fella who was out near where the South River enters the lake and he said there was only 4 inches. Thats even after the solid cold we had for a few days. I checked out in front of my place and there was a good solid 12". On the main lake there is 12 to 16". There were pickups going everywhere. I don't think they were too wise going off the main trails where the snow was compacted allowing the cold to penetrate the snow.

Hey lets look at the positive side. He lost his sled. We saved a few tax dollars as he made it out. OPP divers will have supper with their families, and, now he can get a handicapped sign as he has proven that he is mentally disabled.

I need to agree with Irishfield.

With due respect, I can't imagine that no one on this fishing board, with so many active members, has never ventured out on new ice, or had thier leg break through, or fallen in, or had their sled sink or whatever other stupid things that occasionally kill some unlucky folks.

That guy was maybe being an idiot, but we are all idiots sometimes.

Most of us just never make the news.