Jack's home..with pics! (NF)

bigfish1965

Well Jack is home an recouperating. His brother...our golden retriever, was sent to my mother's house for awhile until Jack is better. It would have been too risky having the two of them here since neither seems to know when it is a good time to play or not.

Jack is recovering slower than most..he is very tentative on the hardwood floors and doesn't want to get up at all. Can't say I blame him. But progress is being made. I'm off over the next several days and he won't be alone for quite awhile.He detests the cone and can't seem to figure out how to lie down when he has it on. But fortunately it doesn't have to be on him much.

I have to use a sling set-up to help him walk and support his hind end for now. In a few weeks he should be walking unaided.

Here's a few pics I just took....

Jack wants to thank everyone for their kind wishes and for those who helped in other ways especially.

jack1.jpg

jack2.jpg

jack3.jpg

Good deal Rick. At least he is home and in familiar surroundings. He may get used to being waited on hand and foot ... even carried out to do his business. He may get to like that. Glad to see he's starting the healing process and don't be too quick on those slippery hardwood floors. We don't want any slips.

Hi Rick,

What a good way to end the year - seeing Jack back at home & on his way to recovery! He does look a bit wary in the pictures, but I'm sure he feels great just being home with you again. (And I'm sure that you're just on top of the world to have him back with you again, knowing he's on his way to feeling better than before). I wish you both a very Happy New Year & good health to Jack in 2008!!! :thumbsup_anim:

DebS

What a wonderful way to start off the New Year!

If you go to CTC and pick up a couple of those cheap carpet runners and put them where he needs to go, that will make it easier for him to get around and avoid slips. We had to do that for Andy when he buggered up his leg, worked well and didn't cost a lot.